• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Theatrical Version of Gurren Lagann Pre-Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meccanica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:04 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
If this is going to be The End of Gurren Lagann, this is going to be really entertaining.

I'm expecting something more along the lines of Gurren Lagann: Do You Remember Love?
That would make my damn day if it was GL:DYRL.

Who knows, maybe it'll be The Gurren-Lagann Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure

On the other hand... consider the possible ramifications if we got 5 Gurren-Lagann per Second.

Minds would be blown. There would be no survivors.
Oronae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
Meccanica wrote:
One thing's pretty much guaranteed, though, Oronae: spoiler[It's not the past. For one, there's Humanoid Boota Thing. Also, IIRC, Genome says someone else tried like Simon, but obviously no one got that far before- they would have had to defeat him first, right?]

On the contrary, spoiler[ Lordgenome was a spiral knight prior to becoming the "guardian of humanity". If it's set in the past then it would take place during the original war with the anti-spirals (Hence, tried because they kinda lost...). Notice also that the beastman in the intro has an entirely different charater design than humanoid Boota.]
Meccanica

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Look, it's not a bad idea, but you're just making it up. More reasons:

• spoiler[The 'beastman' is wearing clothing, but it's clearly a 'boota thing'. I wouldn't say that it's Boota, but they say that's what ... whatever he is might evolve into over time.]
  • spoiler[I'm pretty sure the Beastmen were created after the Spiral Knights lost, anyway, as a way of keeping the humans underground. Maybe by Lord Genome (or Lordgenome or Lorgenome or whatever his name is), maybe not- but they wouldn't have been part of the original fight with the anti-spirals. Beastmen have no spiral power because they were genetically engineered.]
  • spoiler[Most importantly: the guy uses Kamina's catch-phrase, the "who the hell do you think I am?!" bit, and the name he came up with, Gurren Lagann.
    Even the skull-with-sunglasses emblem on the flag and the guy's cape- even supposing Kamina didn't invent them, how could that have carried over from more than 1000 years earlier?]

The real mystery, though is this: spoiler[Why does Leeron never age? Is he a vampire? He's clearly older than Simon and Rossiu at the beginning... and he looks a little older than them after the timeskip... and in the final scene, he looks almost exactly the same. That's about 27 years, IIRC, putting Simon and Rossiu in their 40's.]
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
You underestimate the power of camp, myboi
HyperGatack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quote
JoshuaStChristopher wrote:
If this is going to be The End of Gurren Lagann, this is going to be really entertaining.

My Mind still going to therapy over what happened after watching End of Evangelion.

Granted, Gurren Laganns Mind<TOS> Episode was pure awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3