• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Teenager's Video with Naruto Quote Leads to Arrest

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
hentai4me wrote:
Errr...The UK has the legal age of drinking at 18, we also have 24 hour drinking in pubs, bars and clubs.

Does virtually everyone in the UK own and use a car on a daily basis? This(.xls) suggests otherwise.

All the States started raising the legal drinking age to 21 in the mid to late seventies, when most households allowed and could afford there kids to have cars, because thousands of kids were dying on the roads. It is also extremly easy to mis-card someone back then(with cards available, and carding wasn't mandatory) and tell whether you had a 16 year old that looked like an 18 year old, or an 18 year old that looked like a 16 year old. Not to mention the close ties older high school students would have with the younger students who also may have had a car or van. You also have to remember that most people do not live in large cities that have subways and other such public transportation, and by pure land mass comparison the UK is tiny. To get around in the US, you need to drive. Hell, I used to drive 75 miles to work, one way.

Also, depending on what county your in, we also have 24 hour drinking in "pubs", bars and clubs. Wink Legally. Laughing As well as 24 hour drive through liquor stores.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
coolGAL

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Oh god *FacePalm* *Starts crying* I whish they psycotic morons would use something more original then a direct anime qoute and oh this is just great now moronic soccermoms are gonna start blaming video games AND Anime for kids problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ReiClone88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Now that was an amusing incident involving a Narutard. Laughing
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
Yes Virginia, Narutards do exist! Twisted Evil

They do indeed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dryZN4-N-z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBvQjZ7Zj2w
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:

Was that a guy or a girl? Shocked
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 pm Reply with quote
@fighterholic: It's a girl. Look at the watch on her right arm at 00:38 and at 01:33. Plus, the bed in the background practically screams female. Wink

She needs help imo. Shocked

And after watching the first video, I'm now very happy that the anime I watch doesn't generate this much of an obsession. Yuck! Laughing

Last edited by hikaru004 on Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yoda117

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
What I found most hilarious is the *other* quotes in his clip - just from what I could figure out, on top of Gaara, he threw Ralph Waldo Emerson, John Calvin, and a line from Virgil's Aeneid o_0;;;

At least he was well-read.

Perhaps he ought to have read Ghandi's treatises.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
@fighterholic: It's a girl. Look at the watch on her right arm at 00:38 and at 01:33. Plus, the bed in the background practically screams female. Wink

She needs help imo. Shocked

And so do some other people in society who are crazy like this, but she's not as bad as the person of subject in this matter. Still, we have to be on the lookout for some of these people Shocked
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
I thought you were older-more in your 30's. You've always come off pretty mature in your posts.
Thank you, I appreciate the complement!

Wait a second, did you just call me old? Wink

I really am 25 by the by. I credit my parents for any maturity I display as without them I doubt I would be even remotely who I am today. Whatever good I do in life I feel is to their credit as, without proper guidance, I'm sure I would long ago have been arrested outside a Catholic school for girls. Wink

CCSYueh wrote:
This guy really was asking to be locked up.
I don't think he went quite that far, a decent lawyer could easily argue that it wasn't a real threat, but he might benefit considerably from two things.

First, a good couple of secessions with a psychiatrist. Someone needs some therapy or at the very least an evaluation that lets everyone know if he really IS dangerous.

Second, someone needs to sit him down and explain to him that Garaa saw the error of his ways and reformed. If the dude wants to overly identify with an anime character, he could at least emulate the character growth.

fighterholic wrote:
And he's a defiler of Rukia.
Give me a few moments with him and he will be something else. Possibly something squishy. Twisted Evil
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
fighterholic wrote:
Give me a few moments with him and he will be something else. Possibly something squishy. Twisted Evil

Not to worry, he's already hidden himself. Why? Because he went over the line with my group and now he knows he's a wanted man who might not get off campus alive Twisted Evil
eloyabun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quote
Congratulations, finally America has awaken and it’s taking the adequate measures to locate and stop sociopath/psychotic killers. After Columbine, Virginia Tech and dozens of those massacres, schools authorities are finally aware of the importance of preventive action.

I don’t want to create polemic, bur for a country like America, were citizens can get weapons relatively easily it’s really needed to detect and control possible psychiatric patients. Why don’t you pressure your politicians to establish some kind of “psychological police” in charge of tracking denounces about abnormal, sociopath conducts, and with legal power to take dangerous and abnormal people to institutions were they can get all the help they need? As proven in Columbine, the parents neglected to assume responsibility to confine and medicate their sons; whit tragic consequences. If some parents don’t want to recognize those terrible problems, the State MUST assume control of the situation, on behalf of the society.
Tribblewing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:24 am Reply with quote
Yoda117 wrote:
CorneredAngel wrote:
What I found most hilarious is the *other* quotes in his clip - just from what I could figure out, on top of Gaara, he threw Ralph Waldo Emerson, John Calvin, and a line from Virgil's Aeneid o_0;;;

At least he was well-read.

Perhaps he ought to have read Ghandi's treatises.

His choice of literature, while indicative of *something*, won't give us insight into his skewed interpretation of the texts.

Even Timothy McVeigh can memorize and use "Invictus" as his last words. (And hell, McVeigh has really spoiled that poem for me.)
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
fighterholic wrote:

Not to worry, he's already hidden himself. Why? Because he went over the line with my group and now he knows he's a wanted man who might not get off campus alive Twisted Evil

Whoa, whoa! Dude, bad idea. Don't be a lynch mob, that shit won't get you anywhere. Just let him be, it's not like he can hurt a fictional character. If you really need to get back at him for some reason, internet horseplay should be fought with the same. Escalating the situation into real life just gives us all a bad name.
8JF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this is one of Zac's pen-pals that wrote in all those times and was just part of a recent Answerman flash back.
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Not to sound rude or anything, but the article got the town wrong.

Grasso Tech isn't in New London, it's in Groton, Connecticut. I should know, I go to the school up the hill from it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7