• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Battle Angel Alita Last Order info.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:47 pm Reply with quote
What up with Last Order I've heard many things about it that it's a new ending or semi sequel for the original Battle Angel Alita manga and that Yukito Kishiro cut out the ending that the original manga had because he felt it was rushed is this true?? When should I start reading Last Order after volume 9 of the original manga??

I was planning on buying all of the original manga that was release by Viz but since I heard that the re-release issues contains extras including a new ending which in then is followed by the Last Order manga. So with many things I've have heard that has left me confuse can someone please clear this up for me. Smile
radicaledward

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quote
From my understading Last Order takes place within the story line laid out in the orginal mangas; however, it takes the place of volume 9 (Angel's Ascension) and is an alternate ending to the story. As for the new rerelease - my understanding is that they contain some extras, but are basicly the same as the orginal release, except in the smaller format.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm assuming you've read all 9 volumes of Battle Angel, so i'll explain about how the ending works and where Last Order comes in.

spoiler[Remember where Alita was blown to bits? Well take everything that happens after that and throw it away (not litteraly of course). That's basically where Last Order Comes in.]

The ending of Battle Angel Alita did seem quite rushed in my opinion, so i'm glad that they are redoing (and extending) it with Last Order.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. Smile
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I loved the ending to the manga. I really have to pic up last order soon. *hopes she won't be dissapointed*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1