• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toronto Anime Con March 2008

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhuhn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 am Reply with quote
Here are the guests that will attend the Toronto Anime Con, which takes place on March 15 & 16, 2008 at the Toronto Convention Center.

- Chris Sabat
- Brian Dobson
- Chris Patton (First visit to Canada, please wish him a happy 37th birthday on March 15)
- Michael Sinterniklaas
- Trevor Devall

Admission is $15 and the pass would be good on both days.

The event will feature some of the anime known games of Name That Tune and Win, Lose or Draw and the famous Cosplay Idol show, since a lot of anime fans dress up in their favorite characters.

For those who have a Nintendo DS and a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl, please feel free to find anyone wishing to trade Pokemon they need to add to their Pokedex when coming to the anime con. In addition, those who have a Game Boy Advance or SP, please bring either Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Fire Red, Leaf Green and/or Emerald with a wireless adapter, so others can catch the legendary Pokemon they are yet to acquire and can migrate those to their Diamond or Pearl.
Thank you for reading this.

Last edited by jhuhn on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
jhuhn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
In addition, Chris Patton will not only attend the Toronto Anime Con, but on March 14, the day before the weekend event, Chris will be visiting the 1,000,000 Comix store at 531 Yonge Street in Toronto from 1pm to 4pm, as an exclusive Dotcon members event.
lijakaca

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Hi,

I live in downtown Toronto and might be interested in coming out for this, is there a website or program listing somewhere for it?
Arcueid36

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Hey, lijakac.

Here is the website for the convention http://www.hobbystar.com/upcomingevents/torontoanimecon2008.html hope this helps.
jhuhn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
Thanks to those that came to the event.

I have made some successful trades with only one other anime con fan that had a DS with Pokemon Diamond (or Pearl) and she was pleased that some of the Pokemon were evolved through trade.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1