• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sanctuary Vol. 7

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
How about another tactic.

Borrow it on interlibrary loan through your local public library. That will at least allow you to read it.

Be sure to return it on time.
DarkWarLord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd do that, but my library doesn't really carry much manga. They just have the popular stuff, which is hardly ever in.

It's been a little over a week and I still haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail for the site. Starting to wonder about them <_<
Matt_Stevens

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
To the original poster... Did you ever find Volume 7? I am in the same terrible boat as you were (still are?) in that I have every volume, except number 7. Read 1-6 and found it to be riviting. Absolute brilliance and I want to continue, but can't.

That $100 Amazon copy is still there, unsold. I've looked everywhere I can for months with no luck. Crying or Very sad
DarkWarLord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
Haha, I believe you just sent me a message. Anyway, just so everyone else knows, no, I haven't found it. I still check into random used book stores when I can, but no luck.
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 am Reply with quote
I just wanted to add that I was another looking for the famous vol 7. I've looked around the internet without much luck. Yeah the person on Amazon sucks. I don't care if a book is OOP or not that price is freakin unreal.

Good luck on your search. And if you find please let me/us know if there are more.
Matt_Stevens

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to try and track down the individual issues that are reprinted in that volume. Should I be able to find them at a reasonable cost, I can read them, then put them on eBay at the price I paid. Anyone who wants to continue reading can grab them.

At least this way we get to read the darned thing! It's just so loony. I emailed the guy selling it for over $500 and he responded, "That is a reasonable price for the only copy available in the world."

Eat me, buddy!!
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Hmm.. Would it be bad taste to say I got this volume in a dollar bin at a local comic shop? I got like 5 to 8 or 6 to 9. I'm still missing earlier volumes save for 1, which I got for ten or cover price (plus shipping) off an Amazon seller. A friend who told me about the series was collecting the single issues. Meanwhile, I've got Strain volumes 1, 2.. 4 and 5. I saw it at a local comic shop, but I stupidly waited for it to go on sale and they ended up selling all their volumes.

Though really, a number of old and out of print manga that just haven't sold end up in bargain bins. Generally I see high number volumes of even popular manga, 'OEL manga', and seinen manga like that in the bins.
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Hmm.. Would it be bad taste to say I got this volume in a dollar bin at a local comic shop?

No but now I'm jealous. Is there anymore? Crying or Very sad So lucky.
DarkWarLord

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:08 am Reply with quote
I actually found a good portion of the series in Bookman's "bargain bin." Vol 7 seems to be the only one that avoids my grasp. I'm considering doing the same thing as Matt_Stevens. As long as I have vol. 7 in some sort of physical form, I'll be happy.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to grab volume seven, along with three or four other random volumes of the series at Anime Weekend Atlanta a few weeks ago. All for only five bucks each. I was floored when I found it there. I guess you should try some cons, and get all your friends to check cons for you. If I can find one in Atlanta, I'm sure there are more out there, just waiting to be found. Good luck, man. Now I get to track down all the other volumes I'm missing.
Matt_Stevens

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
The guy on Amazon lowered the price to $30 (after some prodding by yours truly) and I snagged it, so with luck, I'll have it by the end of the week. Thank heavens!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2