• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Excel Saga

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilandau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:02 am Reply with quote
Ok, granted I don't pay too much attention to manga (Its A$23 each in Australia!), but I just had to make this comment, simply because It surprised me.

I was bored the other day and spent a comfy afternoon 'borrowing' manga at Borders Anime smile ...and I saw Excel Saga for the first time.

Initially I rolled my eyes and asked what the world was coming too, but I picked it up anyway.

It is actually SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the anime. I hated the anime. The manga, you have time to absorb the quirky humour and enjoy it for what it is. It really isn't so psycho as the anime. I actually enjoyed it. Nice art too.

I was pleasantly shocked.
space clam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:37 am Reply with quote
Well, I've always felt that Excel Saga's humor depended upon how you like your jokes. Personally, I thought the rapid-fire insanity of the anime was hilarious. Naturally, I scooped up the manga and enjoyed it just as much. (Not to mention, it's a lot cheaper than the anime in my parts.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Tis Grief

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm with spaceclam - I prefer the fast paced wierdness of the anime over the manga, but it's still a hilarious book.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Carol Maxwell

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I liked the manga and the anime as well. They were both very hillarious, although, in the anime, there's a lot of inside jokes, and the vid notes are always helpful, they're very funny too. But, the anime and manga are hillarious either way. Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1