• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
not sure how many of you can help me out with this

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Max Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:06 am Reply with quote
I do a lot of SF writing, nothing published yet but working in that direction. What I would love to do, as many others proberbly would as well, is get some of my stories converted in to manga or anime.
Now although I've done reserch into publishing, I don't even know where to start or who to approch with my stories for converting into manga/anime.
I'm thinking I'll have to get in touch with artists and such, only I'm no good with Japanese or any other language than english. Does anyone know of any sites I could try, or contacts I could go to. I've only just started looking in this direction with my work, but would love any advice you guys can give.
Some of my stories are on line, I'll give you a link if you ask, but wont post it here as it is not manga/anime. (yet)

As with anything, getting your foot in the door is the hardest of all, but it helps to know where the door is as well.

If you think I should ask this in the Manga forum instead please let me know. Any advice would be helpfull. (Sorry if this is too off topic for the forum.)
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:43 am Reply with quote
1) If you're looking for a Japanese manga artist to help you out, give up. Now.

2) Try posting on a few fan-art Yahoo groups asking for artists who are willing to help you out. There's certainly amateurs out there who would get a kick out of doing something like this. But, as such, you can't be overly picky about the quality of the work that you get, unless you plan on paying them.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:46 am Reply with quote
Hmm, probably should go in the manga forum. Here are some links that has some discussion on this. I thought there was another thread on this, but I can't find it right now.

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5246

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4562
Max Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the links. Very Happy

And after I posted this I realised it should have been put into the manga forum Rolling Eyes

I've just started turning a story in to a comix script, and will be trying to get into comixs first I think, with most of mangas and anime being produced in Japan, the language barrier would be too high.

But after I get into the comix industry I'll have more chance of realising my dreams.

Will be posting a script to darkhorse in a month, (should be able to convert a story in that time.
Wink
Max Ryan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Just noticed, whoever moved this post to the right place, thanks Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1