• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight. Too New or just hard to find?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
I really like the second episode. It was a bit odd for me, because I think I must have missed the issue of Shojo Beat with the second chapter in it, since I don't remember the Valentine's Day storyline at all. But it was fun.

And just makes me love Zero all that much more.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, if my calculations are correct, something very interesting will happen in the third episode! Very Happy
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quote
rinmackie wrote:
Well, if my calculations are correct, something very interesting will happen in the third episode! Very Happy

Considering how closely the anime has been following the manga so far, I think it's pretty easy to guess that spoiler[Zero's "secret" (which was never really that much of a secret to the reader) will be out next episode when he bites Yuuki].
Courbet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or did they add some nice in-between anime-original scenes in episode three leading up to the climax at its end between Zero and Yuuki?

Cant remember Yuuki spoiler[ from the manga being confronted by vamp woman and child type E] before spoiler[being bitten.]
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:03 pm Reply with quote
That was all original, most of the episode was... I guess they really wanted to end episode 3 at the end of chapter 3..
frouella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quote
Westlo wrote:
I guess they really wanted to end episode 3 at the end of chapter 3..

That's a possibility. Or maybe the writers are trying to jump start Yuuki's inner- I-love-vampires-oh-shiii-wait-I-mean-I-like-the-pretty-vampires-not-the-mean-bitey-kind -conflict. Or, given the fact that the anime is slated for 26 episodes while the manga is still running, perhaps this scene is setting up something in the anime storyline; who knows? I haven't read the manga yet (even though I'm currently sitting on three volumes of it) because I'm curious to see what I think of the anime first.

As for the show itself, so far I like it; it's a bit of a guilty pleasure, though. I mean, it's about pretty, angsty, vampire boys and pretty, rose-festooned goth-loli girls in some kind of belle-epoque-throwback private school. I like the show and it makes me cringe a little. But, that doesn't mean I'm not checking for new episodes all the time... I'm willing to put up with some over-the-top emo if the payoff is good. Razz

In the meantime, Miyano Mamoru's Zero is certainly one of my favorite things (**girly sigh**), as well as the OP and ED themes. Hopefully, all the other parts of the series won't let me down. Wink So now I'll just get back to waiting impatiently for episode 4...
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I just read the latest chapter. There is a payoff if you stick with it. When I first saw it in Shojo Beat, I almost passed on it. But then I got interested because of Zero, and I haven't looked back. There is more than meets the eye in Vampire Knight!
Arenihs

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:00 pm Reply with quote
You know, the new chapter in the manga is a bit of a put off...or maybe just a little rushed. Of course, there is the fact that spoiler[Zero's brother] irritates the heck out of me. That could be what made the latest not so great.

[EDIT: Spoiler tags added. ~Zalis]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:03 am Reply with quote
MAJOR spoiler there, Arenihs, please use a tag. spoiler[Zero's brother has been mentioned in the anime, but only barely]. Remember, this thread is about the anime, not the manga (and even for a manga discussion, that still should be hidden).
Red Lotus
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote
I've watched this a little (was bord... realy realy bord) and its not bad... not that good but not bad. i guess that i am biased because i almost nerver watch theis type of anime. but now i want to see how it ends :sigh: this is never fun when you hate/dislike the show but you still have to watch Crying or Very sad
Unmei No Deai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I only started reading the manga a little while ago, but I was instantly hooked. The anime though..I'm not so sure - it seems too jumpy for me *shrugs* Nonetheless, I still can't wait for Episode 4

frouella wrote:
Or maybe the writers are trying to jump start Yuuki's inner- I-love-vampires-oh-shiii-wait-I-mean-I-like-the-pretty-vampires-not-the-mean-bitey-kind -conflict.

Thank you, I needed to laugh.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
Episode four is finally out and it keeps reminding me of all the reasons I love this series. I actually think I like the anime a bit better for the most part, though I have to agree that it's tone has been a bit bipolar so far.

The one thing I like best is the fact that it has been mentioning certain things earlier than the manga does, which means they don't come out of nowhere as much later on (this mainly is about spoiler[Ichijiro, who has been referred to a few times now]).

And the scene at the end with spoiler[Yuuki stopping Zero from going] made my inner shipper so happy.

I also have to admit that I ended up folding and reading scanlations, since the Japanese manga run is a fair amount ahead of the English one. And knowing what I do, it is making a few things make more sense, mainly spoiler[Kaname's obsession with Yuuki] (no big manga spoilers, just mentioning what stuff is about which probably wouldn't be too much of a shock to anyone anyway).
Masayume

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
Watching episode four is actually more painful for me knowing what's currently going on in the manga.

I will openly admit that somehow I'm on the more rarer end of being a bigger Kaname fan than a Zero fan. Especially with recent developments. To me Kaname/Yuuki just makes more sense and Zero's just a temporary distraction. *shrugs* But they're both pretty Anime hyper And I'm totally guilty of having the clear poster on my wall of Zero and Yuuki with Zero practically baring all. Mmmm... yea, I'm oh-so-shallow that way.

Not sure what is and isn't spoiler so I'll just put this all under a tag just in case (I know I hate being spoiled even on the tiniest details.)

spoiler[But when Yuuki notices the lonely look Kaname has and rants about how she was so ignorant about Zero's pain... I feel worse for Kaname having to hide from her who she really is, and their relationship. It has to be infuriating to stand by and watch her go through this and not being able to be there like he wants to be. Regardless of the quasi-pseudo-incestuous ties there, which its been made perfectly clear that even though they were raised siblings, Kaname isn't really Yuuki's brother, or however that works.

I was totally unaware vampires could even have children o_O How does THAT work?]
nesteafresh

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:57 am Reply with quote
omg i absolutely love the manga!!!! to tell you the truth, im torn between spoiler[zero and kaname because they both truely love yuuki!]!! oooh man, who would i chose though? i dont know!! spoiler[either one id be fine with, but poor zero isnt he going to turn into level E soon? he's sooooo dumb he didn't drink shizuka's blood URGGH WHYYY?!?!?!?!] i cant wait till vampire knight comes out on dvd (i hope it does, will it? or is it to early to tell?) so i can go buy it!!! ....spoiler[i wish i could be yuuki and have that wonderful decision picking between zero or kaname! HAHAHA. wouldn't you?]
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'm going to have to stop reading the anime VK thread if people can't stop posting fangirly manga spoilers. Confused

PLEASE do NOT post manga spoilers in the anime thread!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7