• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire Knight. Too New or just hard to find?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:58 am Reply with quote
^ It's kinda obvious though now you know yeah? I mean spoiler[the ED scenes with Yuuki having the red glow that the vampires have make you wonder why did they do that? lol]

Anyway chapter 40 of the manga seemed to move too fast on one issue so I assume the manga has another 4-8 chapters left in it before it finishes.

Last edited by Westlo on Fri May 30, 2008 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 am Reply with quote
Yeah, the spoiler[red glow at the end of the EP] does make it seem fairly obvious to me (and I started watching the anime and picked up on this fact before I actually knew what the secret was). Also spoiler[Yuuki does drink that bottle of blood in the OP as well]. Plus...it just sort of makes sense, given everything that happened.

I didn't get the feeling that the manga was that close to ending, though I'm not sure if I have read up to chapter 40 (I think not, since I don't know what one issue you are referring to). But I can see it coming to an end with 8 more or so, from what I've read up to. Maybe a bit more (which is good, because I think that these other chapters might be able to be finished before the anime comes to an end, provided they are being released monthly).
Westlo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote
Well I'm hoping the second season of 13 episodes is held back until the manga is finished, Winter 09 would seem like the right season for it. Fall 08 could work if DEEN has prior knowledge of how it ends and it ends within 4-6 months time.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
You should try to catch up, Marie! Something interesting happens to Zero in chapter 40. Yeah, I believe the manga is ending soon. Volume 9 just started and I think I read somewhere that the mangaka is planning to wrap it up soon.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
I will catch up, I just need to find my link again and see what they have up (I know where it is, I just need to go and get it again...I did have it bookmarked, but then I killed my computer and had to re-format it).
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Let me know if you can't find it. I can send you mine.
Thanos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
So...anyone have any thoughts on how the love triangle will play out?

I'm rooting for Zero (for some reason I dont like Kaname too much..can't put my finger on it) to end up with Yuuki but that doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

Here's how I think the anime's gonna end up (after having watched up to Ep 09):

1) Zero and Kaname will probably team up (or at least find some temporary truce) against some evil super villain.

2) Yuuki ends up with Kaname in the end.

I'm really hoping #2 doesn't happen.
Hopefully something along the lines of how what happened in Love Hina Xmas special #1 happens (Naru admits her childish crush/infatuation for Seta was due to his kindness, rather than real feelings for him, then confesses to Keitaro more or less) to Yuuki, and she ends up with Zero in the end. Laughing (ya i'm aware that's probably not gonna happen, but one can hope right?)

What are your thoughts?
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm putting my money on Zero... and the reasons would cover manga spoilers up to the latest chapters.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quote
i'm going with Kaname, and Zero will die.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Well, as far as no 1 goes, spoiler[Kaname turns Zero into a weapon against an old enemy from the past] and as for no 2, it turn out, spoiler[Yuuki is Kaname's sister, he had erased her memories of being a pureblood vampire.] But Yuuki is still uncertain as to who she wants to be with, but so far since finding out the truth, she's standing by Kaname but hopefully that will change. I just hope Zero survives the series; I hope he doesn't die. And it would be best if she ended up with Zero. The fact that Zero is shown in a Night Class uniform in a lot of the artwork gives me hope.
Thanos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quote
SWEET.

Looks like I'll start reading the manga. Btw, how closely does the anime follow the manga? Should I read it from the very beginning?
As mentioned before, I just finished watching Ep 09.

Westlo wrote:
I'm putting my money on Zero... and the reasons would cover manga spoilers up to the latest chapters.
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Noooo! Zero better not die!

Reply to thanos: yeah, with a few minor exceptions, the anime is following the manga pretty closely so far.
Westlo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
It follows the manga reasonably well with a few minor differences, you might as well start from the beginning anyway.

I really don't think Zero will die... spoiler[he's the most developed character in the manga and probably the true lead of the series. Kaname also hasn't been put into place.. Kaname fan girls aside I really don't think general readers will be happy if Zero has to sacrifice himself and Kaname ends up with Yuki. For someone who has walked around like a god for 40 chapters saying "You will do this Zero", "You will be mine Yuki" and having everything work to "plan"... I just can't see things ended well for him.

Hopefully he redeems his horrible character with a sacrifice at the end...]
rinmackie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 pm Reply with quote
I totally agree, Westlo!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote
I will be so annoyed if Yuuki ends up with Kaname. Zero is just so much more compelling, and less of an arrogant ass too. While some of the latest manga revelations have made me appreciate where Kaname is coming from a bit more...I still love Zero about a trillion times more and his relationship with Yuuki seems much healthier...really Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7