• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - City of Angels

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Honey and clover is one of my all time favorite series so im glad to see the live action getting some love here Anime hyper! I myself haven't even seen it yet (im a bad fan or something) but I absolutely love the anime and encourage anyone to go out and buy it when it gets released here. I know I will be Anime hyper! I wonder what took viz so long (4 years) with this icence though? I bet it was the music and everything :/
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quote
I loved Honey and Clover anime and the manga. However, the movie was an utter disappointment. It was like the movie had boring actors with a boring script and took all the magic, emotions and cleverness from the manga and anime. Then again, I'm very skeptical of live-action dramas based on manga/anime.
kidsnextdoor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Those anime DVDs are still in shrinkwrap. Very Happy
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
I figured Bamboo must have had a special reason to keep reviewing each volume of Shuffle when it kept being considered perishable. Sometimes it's fun to watch something bad. Cool

Didn't volume 3 get kicked up to rental, leaving hope in those of us watching from the sidelines that all the folks saying "it gets better later" were right?

kidsnextdoor wrote:
Those anime DVDs are still in shrinkwrap. Very Happy

What? Isn't that the style these days for displaying them?
Jih2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:25 am Reply with quote
I thought the owner was a cool guy....and then I spotted Crank on his shelves...

Another excellent column Bamboo.
mlisette23

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Psycho 101 wrote:
Posty wrote:
HAHA finish what you already have before getting more!!!

What the hell are you even talking about? Confused Seriously.

Probably the fact that this weeks shelf obsessed keeps volumes they haven't watched/read facing backwards.
skyechan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Sailor Stars boxset....ENVY. (I wonder if that one's the Japanese release or a bootleg...?)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hagaren_Otaku726

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I didn't realize that Shattered Angels was Kyoushirou to Towa no Sora until I really took a close look at the character designs (Shows how good of memory I have =P). Since I'm a total sucker for the art style of 90% of the moe dating sims today, I might rent Shattered Angels just to see the moe girls...

Happy to see Honey and Clover's live action here =D
I didn't realize how amazing the series was until the manga actually got over here from Viz, and I read it by chance. The chapter that hooked me was the one where all the guys obsess over having meat and "Lohmeyer" comes back. It was such a simple idea, but I know that feeling of "needing" meat. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3