• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Trinity Blood- Wanting Spoilers

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitsuneharu

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I looked in the past six pages and did not find anything about the manga, so I though that I would start a new thread. The Trinity Blood series reached volume ten in february of this year, and I was interested if the manga had passed the Anime or the Reborn on Mars series? I absolutely love this series and was very sadened when I hear of the writer's death, but I see that his friend, I assume, agreed to expand the series, and I was interested to know what else he did with the series after it essentially "ended?"
stuckinfresno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:35 am Reply with quote
kitsuneharu wrote:
I looked in the past six pages and did not find anything about the manga, so I though that I would start a new thread. The Trinity Blood series reached volume ten in february of this year, and I was interested if the manga had passed the Anime or the Reborn on Mars series? I absolutely love this series and was very sadened when I hear of the writer's death, but I see that his friend, I assume, agreed to expand the series, and I was interested to know what else he did with the series after it essentially "ended?"

I'm a big Trinity fan, but I have to admit I don't know what you mean by passing 10 volumes. There are currently 6 vols of manga available and four novels (broken apart as two novels from the Rage Against the Moons series and two novels from the Reborn on Mars series). I'm assuming that you combine the novels with the manga - right?

As for the work itself, it is my understanding that the novels are completed by a collegue after the original author died. However, again in my understanding, for the collegue to play with since the series was almost completed at the time. If anyone else knows better feel free to correct me.

The novels are a seperate work from the manga/anime. The novels, I believe, tell the entire Trinity Blood story. Of course, this makes sense because both the manga and anime are an adaptation of the novels. The manga does have some original story-telling in the first few volumes. After vol 3 of the manga, the manga begins to tell familar stories that are written in the novel and seen in the anime. That said, the novels are by far more descriptive and contain stories that I have not seen in either the manga or anime.

Currently, (I haven't had a chance to read Reborn on Mars 2 or Vol. 6 of the manga yet) neither the novels or the manga have surpassed the anime. Since you did ask for spoilers spoiler[ I'm currently reading about the confrontation with Radu and the story arc with Ion in both the manga and the novels ] But I imagine that at the very least the novels will surpass the anime as the series nears the end. At least, I'm hoping for a more conclusive ending than the anime.
kitsuneharu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Sorry. I should have clarified. In Japan they have just now passed the tenth volume of Trinity Blood manga and it shows Lilith on the cover. I was wondering if the author was only doing an adaptation of the series as far as the author got, or if he was expanding the adaptation after the series ended both in the anime and novels. Thanks for replying though.
kitsuneharu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quote
for any one interested, I know that the novels were in fact not completed. Rom's prologue was written for volume seven but never completed. The author did however leave notes to how the series would end, but, I'm not telling. The manga, through volume ten is currently on the Nightlords story arc for my previous question.
fullmetal biologist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quote
FYI, the TB Wikipedia entry actually has a very good summary of the Japanese and English release dates for the manga and the light novels, though admittedly there are some to be announced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1