• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Boogiepop at Dawn coming in August!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryusaki

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
It had been announced for some time now but Seven Seas is continuing with its releases of the Boogiepop novels, now in Light Novel form starting with the book that explains the origin of Boogiepop, "Boogiepop at Dawn" in August of this year. (The original 3 Novels will be released in light Novel form later this fall)

I hope I'm not the only Boogiepop fanatic around here (I know Nagisa is a huge one though), so please go read the first 3 novels, and for all things Boogiepop, check out Seven Seas Boogiepop page.

http://gomanga.com/manga/boogiepop.php

So... whoelse is anticipating it? Very Happy
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
I'm certainly looking forward to it. To be honest, I prefer the typical manga size of the original novels and I'm not looking forward to the new size. But I am most definitely looking forward to continuing the story.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:55 am Reply with quote
Personally I think it'll bring a more authenticity to the novels themselves.
(Though the first three novels will probably be rare in that original Novel Manga size format.
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:24 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I can't wait for this to come out either. Huge fan of the novels.
I don't mind the new size, except that I own the manga-sized set and sometimes I can be one of those people that needs all of their books to match up on the shelf.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
The first three novels are getting second edition re-releases which will be in the new size. So if it really bugs you, you can always double dip. I may double dip myself.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
The first three novels are getting second edition re-releases which will be in the new size. So if it really bugs you, you can always double dip. I may double dip myself.

There are currently no plans for Seven Seas to do 2nd Editions of the original three novels.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Wait but there are retail issues on Amazon, Rightstuf, etc saying there will be Light Novel editions of the first three novels.
Fear Ghoul

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quote
A preview of the book has been posted on Seven Seas' website:

http://www.gomanga.com/manga/pdf/lightnovel_boogiepopatdawn_preview.pdf

It's extremely good so far, and only fuels my hunger for the final product and beyond (hopefully). I hope as many people buy this book as possible in order to make it a success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1