• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X-Button: A Bold, Daring Dream

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am Reply with quote
Ever seen that .gif of the DS printing money while Miyamoto holds it saying "It prints money!"?
Sure, only Petz games are being released right now, but come this fall, I'm already getting two games the thing (Dragon Quest IV remake and possibly the Rhapsody remake which come out in the same damn month), but wow, a Chrono Trigger remake would be fantastic!! Still more excited about DQ4-6, but this is easily the close 2nd.
I have CT for the PS1 but I never actually beat it because
a) halfway thru, I hated the ATB system I put on
b) the load times of the PS1 are annoying and makes me not want to play it sometimes
and c) I havn't touched it in over 2 years at least at this point and thus have forgotten major story plot points.

Also, my intials are CT, I've always found that to be cool because of this game.

Another must buy for the DS!! Whee!!
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:28 am Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
In the history of Dragon Quest, there has NEVER been a single Dragon Quest game on hand held console before in the 20 years Dragon Quest has been around.

Wait, what? Then what was this I was playing on my Game Boy Color?
Captain Crotchspike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:39 am Reply with quote
Just chiming in to add another voice to the "Alex is awesome, what the hell are you talking about?" campaign. Have you ever played as him? He's one of the most interesting grapplers in Street Fighter lore, and I'm baffled that his character design would be seen as anything less than...at the very least...cool.

hypah bomb, mang

I do hope we get some of those PSN games over here (not that I have the system, but still!). I have yet to find a good copy of Einhander.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
However, I did enjoy Chrono Trigger. I just hope Square Enix made the puzzels sightly easier and added more save points. Or at the very least added save to the option bar where character stats are kept.

BOOOOO! Do you really think games are better when they spoon feed you the solutions to all the puzzles? And nothing makes me roll my eyes more when you go to save in a dungeon and the game says "You should save to a different file, because this dungeon is really hard."

doctordoom85 wrote:
Next thing you know they'll be announcing Earthbound for the DS, and my heart will explode from pure joy.

YAAAAAY! Earthbound is one of those games that I tell people that I like, then they ask me why. Plus Ness is awesome in Smash Brothers, there is nothing more satisfying than point blank batting a Samus shot right back at her when she's expecting you to absorb.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 am Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
Just chiming in to add another voice to the "Alex is awesome, what the hell are you talking about?" campaign. Have you ever played as him? He's one of the most interesting grapplers in Street Fighter lore, and I'm baffled that his character design would be seen as anything less than...at the very least...cool.

hypah bomb, mang

I do hope we get some of those PSN games over here (not that I have the system, but still!). I have yet to find a good copy of Einhander.

If you have a PSP you can legally download some PS classics, as well as some PSP games, from the North American PC PSN store(meaning you don't need a PS3 to do this). However, I don't believe there are many of the PS's most wanted.

I'm not too sure about a CT remake, especially on the DS. I've been disapointed in many of Square Enix's attempts on the handheld(The World Ends with You, and some others not with standing), partially because these games look and play like they're from 1996, and on the N64*. But hey, last time I played Chrono Triger it was on a PlayStation, a 32-bit console. Maybe I'll be surprised.

*That's the limit of the DS's hardware, not Square Enix's fault.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:04 am Reply with quote
OnanRulz wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
In the history of Dragon Quest, there has NEVER been a single Dragon Quest game on hand held console before in the 20 years Dragon Quest has been around.

I said Dragon quest. I never said Dragon Warrior any where in my post.
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:12 am Reply with quote
I'm definitely excited about Mega Man 9 now. I loved the NES Mega Man games (so much fun to just totally abuse those games!) Now all I need is either a new Mega Man Legends game or Tron Bonne game.
Miitan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
However, I did enjoy Chrono Trigger. I just hope Square Enix made the puzzels sightly harder and removed save points.

FTFY

Seriously, games of today are too easy. Bring back the time when games were a challenge! (Although I'd probably buy it if they left it the same anyway)
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
OnanRulz wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

I said Dragon quest. I never said Dragon Warrior any where in my post.

Yet it was released in Japan for the GBC under Quest. From the Wiki:
Quote:
Remade for the Super Famicom in Japan 1993 as Dragon Quest I & II and for Game Boy Color in Japan in 1999 and in 2000 in North America as Dragon Warrior I & II (Dragon Quest I & II in Japan).

You're welcome Wink .
Zoe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Too bad you'll need a Japanese credit card and a Japanese PSN account to download them.

It is ridiculously easy to create a Japanese PSN account and get your hands on a JP PSN card.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Another awesome game article.

I wonder if that's the 'Castlevania' game that they've been keeping secret. Didn't know that 'Obata-san' was the artist. I was wondering who the artist was but didn't realized the familiarity was that close.

Mega Man 9? OH YEAH!! Now the numbers will be complete. I look forward to seeing how this comes out. And they'll have a female 'Wily robot'. My dream came true. Actually I wanted a female heroine but again that was during the 'X' days. But it did sort of happen by 'X8'. After all it's 'MEGA MAN's game. But definitely looking forward to seeing this. Referring to a friend about this game being a 'Wii Ware' title may be the start of something causing other companies to want to get into the mix. Nintendo has a plan which may very well put them back on top. Creating "old-school" type games for 'WiiWare' leaving the super graphic stuff for the mainstream consoles. As there is a demand and love for classic games as well as being recognized as an art form.

Personally I'd like to see a 2D 'Castlevania' that you can play on a big screen not a portable. 'IGA' does want to expand the series into 3D, but he's still a lover of 2D. But it would be cool to see the series grow more if permitting.

Bastard game? OMG!! And of course they had no problem adapting her huge ASSETS. I never saw bastard.

Ah yes, 'WD'. They brought over plenty of games. Lunar being one of them and a favorite of mine. After hearing about there being a game for 'Magic Knight Rayearth' I was actually interested in playing it but never owned a 'SS'. If they ever decide to give it a 2nd look and port it I'd pick it up.

New 'CT' game? Hmmm...well, we'll see. I love that game.
As for the 'Tatsunoko' vs 'SF' game. I'll say one thing it looks 100% better than 'SFIV'.

Keep up the great coverage. Excellent addition to 'ANN'.
Treetastic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Yuukichan's Papa wrote:
SquareEnix: Confirm this for me and I will preorder it one second later. I am not kidding.

This article pretty much confirms the whole Chrono Trigger thing, but the enterprising folks on this board have probably found it already...

doctordoom85 wrote:
]Next thing you know they'll be announcing Earthbound for the DS, and my heart will explode from pure joy. Very Happy

Shocked AGGGH!!! DON'T JINX IT! *collapses in sea of foam*
humantyphoon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Treetastic wrote:
Yuukichan's Papa wrote:
SquareEnix: Confirm this for me and I will preorder it one second later. I am not kidding.

This article pretty much confirms the whole Chrono Trigger thing, but the enterprising folks on this board have probably found it already...

That article made it sound like a port, not a remake. I don't want another boring port.

Also, about mega man 9... they could have used SNES graphics at least. Wtf is up with that?
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Teryaki: You forgot about the just-released Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker. Wink
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quote
humantyphoon wrote:
Treetastic wrote:
Yuukichan's Papa wrote:

That article made it sound like a port, not a remake. I don't want another boring port.

The article says it will feature new features for the DS. Even if it just a port, a Chrono Trigger port is still better than 99% of the current video game market. Smile

Also, an American release THIS holiday?! Holy cow!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4