• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! Episodes 1-7 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KentaMaeba

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Funny how people stand up for crap like this, but bash on good anime like Oreimo. People can be so hypocritical sometimes.

This guy isn't a reviewer. I really couldn't take him seriously, but that doesn't change the fact that this anime is crap.
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Hope the game's better
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:19 pm Reply with quote
KentaMaeba wrote:
Funny how people stand up for crap like this, but bash on good anime like Oreimo. People can be so hypocritical sometimes.

Not for nothing... but how can you be sure that the same people who defend this are the same ones who bash Oreimo?
Fifth B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quote
msgundam2 wrote:
When you insult all Animes based on ero-games you are also insulting anime classics like Air, Kanon, and Fate/ stay night.

I wouldn't exactly call any of those anime "classics". The visual novels maybe, but not the anime, especially for Fate/Stay Night. I also wouldn't classify Kanon or Air as ero-games, but utsuge, given that there are clean versions available in which absolutely nothing is lost with the removal of the h scenes. If they were straight up hentai games, this would be impossible.

Also, when did the reviewer "bash" all anime based on visual novels or hentai games? Honestly, I fail to see how an anime being based off of an adult game can't not set off warning bells these days. They do generally have a pretty foul track record. Remember Shuffle? I wish I didn't.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:52 am Reply with quote
KentaMaeba wrote:

Hypocrisy
1: a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one does not; especially : the false assumption of an appearance of virtue or religion
2: an act or instance of hypocrisy

What you are describing is not hypocrisy. They would only be hypocritical if they...I'm not sure I can think of a circumstance where this would work perfectly. Maybe if they adamantly said "bashing is wrong!" in one thread, and then bashed in another?

Otherwise, they simply have lousy taste in anime.*
[/language policing]

*haven't seen either, just reflecting this person's opinion
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Majikoi is based on the adult computer game Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!, which itself should sound a warning bell. The anime landscape is littered with the corpses of failed eroge adaptations.
I agree with this sentiment. After all, I hear the same warning bell whenever I go into any anime based on a manga, given that the anime landscape is also littered with the corpses of failed manga adaptations.
eyeresist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote
This review does seem to have attracted more ire than it merits. As far as usefulness goes, it did give me a good idea of what to expect. Problem is the review is so anti it actually makes you more interested in the show.

Quote:
All of the series' romantic scenes are terrible—Mayu actually does the "I'm late for school" collision

I'm not sure how the late-for-school collision qualifies as terrible by definition. Maybe the execution was lacking?

Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festival

Penis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festival
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:59 am Reply with quote
eyeresist wrote:
This review does seem to have attracted more ire than it merits. As far as usefulness goes, it did give me a good idea of what to expect. Problem is the review is so anti it actually makes you more interested in the show.

Quote:
All of the series' romantic scenes are terrible—Mayu actually does the "I'm late for school" collision

I'm not sure how the late-for-school collision qualifies as terrible by definition. Maybe the execution was lacking?

Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festival
Penis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festival

Penis festivalPenis festivalPenis festivalPenis festival

You sure you said that enough times? Now, this is just my opinion, but I don't think you quite got your love of penises and their festivals fully out of your system.

Go on, you can say it more times. You're amongst friends here.
eyeresist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:25 am Reply with quote
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It's such a mind boggling phrase Very Happy
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:00 am Reply with quote
Fifth B wrote:
msgundam2 wrote:
When you insult all Animes based on ero-games you are also insulting anime classics like Air, Kanon, and Fate/ stay night.

I wouldn't exactly call any of those anime "classics". The visual novels maybe, but not the anime, especially for Fate/Stay Night. I also wouldn't classify Kanon or Air as ero-games, but utsuge, given that there are clean versions available in which absolutely nothing is lost with the removal of the h scenes. If they were straight up hentai games, this would be impossible.

Also, when did the reviewer "bash" all anime based on visual novels or hentai games? Honestly, I fail to see how an anime being based off of an adult game can't not set off warning bells these days. They do generally have a pretty foul track record. Remember Shuffle? I wish I didn't.

Shuffle was one of the better H game adaption out there. Air and Kanon were pretty good adaptions so depending on the person they may be considered classics (at least to me they are classics).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
smengy1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Hello, cant see what the reviewer is dissing this show so badly.

First to understand that it comes from a Erotic RPG game. So hence the gratuitious nudity. Which does not bother me in the least.

Reviewers like carl or whatever his name just plain hate animes like this. They are moral majorists who hate anything that irks they're
protect my children at all costs, god hates lustful sinners mentality. One freaky aspect tho is the main characters "crush" on his older sister. The Japanese have no problems tackling all sorts of forbidden love affairs. Whats part of life in Japan, gets you thrown in the slammer in USA. Culture Shock.

The show has a good storyline. I'ts not so bad. One episode, the one in the Hospital seemed like filler, but it is probably a chapter in
the game.

Go watch Pokeman or Rainbow Bright, or Dragon Ball, maybe some
He man. That sounds about carls speed. I was surprised myself,
I thought this anime was going to be a high school fighter like Ikkitousen. Not! The story is good. Kinda like Burn up Excess.

5 ***** from me!! A-1 Ichi Ban!!

This year has been a incredible on for animes! Many excellent ones
Hope you haven't missed out!! Get the 4 season posters and start from there!!! They are invaluable for seeing what you had no idea was out there!!!
spymaster4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
This is a shout out to all who didn't think this anime was worth watching. How can you say that when the story line fits perfectly with the sexy sceans that happen through out the episodes. >Sad)

I thought this anime was great. I mean with out those sceans anime wouldn't be what it is today.
If you can't enjoy an anime like this then you might as well take out all of the seductive sceans in all the other anime. see how long you would watch anime with out those sceans!
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
eyeresist wrote:
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. It's such a mind boggling phrase Very Happy

Actually, I DO remember reading about two Japanese penis festivals celebrated in real life.

So that kind of seriously does exist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3