Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Cast: Kadokawa Has No Plans for 3rd Haruhi TV Season


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Zhou-BR



Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 350

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:23 am Reply with quote
Well, that doesn't mean there are no plans for a second movie, right? Although it would be nice if the four short stories set between Disappearance and Intrigues were adapted as OVAs before that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lann



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 139
Location: Brighton UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote
this is why i have decided to NEVER watch anime based on an ongoing manga series. it will never cross the finish line ¬_¬
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Leebo



Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Posts: 642
Location: Somerville, MA

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote
Well, "no plans" doesn't mean "there will never be plans". Someone could decide tomorrow to green light it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Araki



Joined: 12 Apr 2007
Posts: 235

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:45 am Reply with quote
Knowing Hirano's egocentrism, she was probably talking about her iPhone App Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Haterater



Joined: 30 Apr 2006
Posts: 991

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
this is why i have decided to NEVER watch anime based on an ongoing manga series. it will never cross the finish line ¬_¬


That's one of my concerns with anime like that. I'll be okay if an anime leaves on a somewhat satisfying "end." But those that keep their main objective so far away with no intent to go there is beginning to turn me off some. Especially those that have too many episodes/fillers that really don't expand on characters or the world they live in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Manga
jias333



Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote
This is quite disappointing, though from what I've heard about season 2 ratings I'm not entirely surprised. I thought they would simply push through and try harder with season 3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cienfuegossilvacarlos



Joined: 29 Nov 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote
THIS IS BASED ON A LIGHT NOVEL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 6178
Location: Windsor Ontario

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote
Yeah, when I heard about Hirano's Twitter posts my first thought was a new Haruhi installment. That's the only work of hers I can think of that would be worth making a big deal out of.

Maybe the secret project is new Lucky Star, then?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 512

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:11 am Reply with quote
Oh well, I never got around to buying Season Two anyways. Besides I enjoy the light novels that Yen Press is putting out quite a bit, so as long as those keep coming out, I can get my Haruhi fix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lann



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 139
Location: Brighton UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
THIS IS BASED ON A LIGHT NOVEL


yeah i know, but its still ongoing.

currently waiting for these series to finish-

His and Her Circumstances / Kare Kano (due to creative differences. shame)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (ongoing novel)
Highschool of the Dead (ongoing manga)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (they left ties unfinished and promised another series)
Initial D (ongoing manga)
Hayate the Combat Butler (ongoing manga. Is on its way back though)
Lucky ☆ Star (ongoing manga)
Spice and Wolf (ongoing novel)
Detroit Metal City (brilliant series. needs an extended TV series that adapts the main plot points from the manga, including the ending)
Full Metal Panic! (ongoing novel)
B Gata H Kei (manga ended. no excuse to end it now)
Ai Yori Aoshi (they could have had like, 2 episodes to do the fake kaoru arc, then the series would have been perfect)
Ah! My Goddess (manga ongoing)
Usagi Drop (manga finished. please don't bring it back. save us the agony that is the 2nd half of the manga plot, please!)
Seto No Hanayome (ongoing manga)
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE / xxxHolic (the ending is a mess, clamp. clear it up)
Kiss×sis (ongoing manga)
Nyan Koi! (manga ongoing?)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Sewingrose



Joined: 11 Jan 2011
Posts: 512

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 am Reply with quote
Lann wrote:
Quote:
THIS IS BASED ON A LIGHT NOVEL


yeah i know, but its still ongoing.

currently waiting for these series to finish-

His and Her Circumstances / Kare Kano (due to creative differences. shame)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya (ongoing novel)
Highschool of the Dead (ongoing manga)
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (they left ties unfinished and promised another series)
Initial D (ongoing manga)
Hayate the Combat Butler (ongoing manga. Is on its way back though)
Lucky ☆ Star (ongoing manga)
Spice and Wolf (ongoing novel)
Detroit Metal City (brilliant series. needs an extended TV series that adapts the main plot points from the manga, including the ending)
Full Metal Panic! (ongoing novel)
B Gata H Kei (manga ended. no excuse to end it now)
Ai Yori Aoshi (they could have had like, 2 episodes to do the fake kaoru arc, then the series would have been perfect)
Ah! My Goddess (manga ongoing)
Usagi Drop (manga finished. please don't bring it back. save us the agony that is the 2nd half of the manga plot, please!)
Seto No Hanayome (ongoing manga)
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE / xxxHolic (the ending is a mess, clamp. clear it up)
Kiss×sis (ongoing manga)
Nyan Koi! (manga ongoing?)


Are you talking about Manga you like that's ongoing or anime based on manga you expect/want to continue? Because I think Lucky Star's anime had a pretty clear cut ending.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mangamuscle



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 591
Location: Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote
Lann wrote:

Usagi Drop (manga finished. please don't bring it back. save us the agony that is the 2nd half of the manga plot, please!)


Some of us thrive in the agony and despair some otaku feel, so bring it on! and with an extra OVA where Rin does you know what to you know who Twisted Evil
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Panon



Joined: 07 Sep 2004
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Well, that doesn't mean there are no plans for a second movie, right?


It really doesn't mean anything at all.

If they get asked "Hey, is this secret project a new Haruhi series?" they're not going to say "Yes".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
doubleO7



Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Posts: 589
Location: New Mexico

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure Panty and Stocking wasn't based on a manga, but the anime did get a manga adaptation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Salsaman1991



Joined: 24 Jan 2009
Posts: 137

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 am Reply with quote
Then again, we're talking Haruhi... They aired the second season in between reruns of the first one (without ever formally announcing it, 'cept for a few suspicious things here and there), and did the atrocious Endless Eight arc. Their continuous teasing on the SOS website.... The staff is just really proud of how much they can troll the fanbase.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group