• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Where do you get your Anime?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldfinger0957

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Where do you get your anime?

I get mine from either TRSI or Best Buy.

Where do you get your manga?

EDIT: Damn BBcode. well its surposed to say ""The right stuf international" or "Bestbuy"

[EDIT - I fixed it for ya. -C]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:14 pm Reply with quote
I usually get my anime from www.deepdiscountdvd.com. But if I want something that's readily available, I can go to Best Buy, FYE (which is way too expensive sometimes), or Sam Goody (as a last resort.)

I'm also trying to look up some other online retailers, but recently, I haven't had a chance to actually try any yet. Confused
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I usually go to TRSI or Deep Discount DVD for anime DVDs, because of the affordable prices. Sometimes I go to Best Buy and Gamestop for anime because of a sale or gift card.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I get some of my anime from Best Buy, if I just happen to be in the mall and something catches my eye. The majority of it though, comes from TRSI either in the form of pre-orders, the sales they run every week, or the daily deals.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Amazon, usually.

The dvds and manga are about suggested retail price but it's just easier. I know how much (no tax, free shipping to my work), when(usually 4 days, 2 to process, 2 to ship USPS) and from where (Fernley, NV) I'm most likely gonna get it from. Plus the service was quick and responsive the one time a package was lost (still they're about 98% reliable).

The one time I bought from TSRI they could only ship it to my apt. and it took a couple weeks. The one time I bought from Anime Castle it took a week to process and another week to arrive. Really, importing from CDJapan was as quick...

I've been thinking about Best Buy, but I've been to lazy to check. Of course, I always get AnimEigo products from AnimEigo.
PlayBoi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I bought my first DVD's a couple years ago from TRSI, which were both DBZ Specials and the Limited Edition Akira DVD currently tha only DVD's I own, but I already sent my money away for 3 more boxsets and like 5 movies. Then when I get my credit card I plan on buying an insane amount of anime from DeepDiscount.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:17 pm Reply with quote
I get my anime and manga from Amazon, or Ebay (yes, I'm careful). Ebay's not too bad if you know what to look out for!

I'm pretty impressed with Amazon, free shipping over $25 USD or $39 CAD, I get my friends together and we do a bulk order! Plus my orders tend to arrive on the same day they were shipped.
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:14 am Reply with quote
Well, I pretty much have to echo what has been said above. Although I do support my local comic book shop as well that hosts my anime club. I get an okay discount there, so I do get a few DVD's there as well. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
gnollman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:52 pm Reply with quote
EBay and Deep Discount DVD are my favorites. I price around and just buy wherever is cheaper. Generally it's proven to be eBay when I'm buying multidisc sets, and DDD if I'm buying single volumes.
tetsusaiga-kyo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Can't forget Ebay, they have some of the best deals on the net. I picked up volumes 1&2 of RahXephon on Ebay for $11.99. I wish Ebay would do something to stop the listing of bootlegs though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I get mine at Suncoast and Sam Goody because that's what's around, or Anime Castle ^^.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
SharinganKakashi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Amazon too.
kaitoueesu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
I get mine from Animenation, [This URL is a known bootlegging website], Blueanime and Anime Collector.

These are all good sites. I've never had any problems Very Happy
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:06 am Reply with quote
Onv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Goldfinger0957 wrote:
Where do you get your anime?

I get mine from either TRSI or Best Buy.

Where do you get your manga?

EDIT: Damn BBcode. well its surposed to say ""The right stuf international" or "Bestbuy"

[EDIT - I fixed it for ya. -C]

It's the same for me, Best Buy and the Rightstuf.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3