• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass - what kind of content?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinaleFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
So I was searching for a good show to watch. And Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion came up several places. I'm a cautious viewer, though, and I want to make sure this is a good show to check out. I've read favorable reviews, so now I just want to make sure of rating content and stuff.

So, y'all. What sorts of material does this show have? Objectionable stuff? Downright scandalous content? I'm hoping not, but haven't been able to find an active description of rated material and stuff.

[EDIT: Made your thread title a little more specific. -TK]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote
The official English release has a 13+ rating on it, which sounds accurate to me. It's been awhile since I watched the first season, but I can remember that there is a decent amount of violence (it is a mecha anime, after all) and a good dose of fanservice, though nothing too risque when it comes to that.

It's really pretty general PG13 stuff. Not for the little kiddies, but okay for the older ones.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
What do mean by objectionable exactly?
FinaleFantasy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

Pretty much anything that would fall under official ratings; language, violence, sex, drug use etc.

All I've heard specifically was that it was violent. So, I'm just trying to find out if that's it, or there's anything else specifically.
abynormal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote
FinaleFantasy wrote:
Quote:

Pretty much anything that would fall under official ratings; language, violence, sex, drug use etc.

All I've heard specifically was that it was violent. So, I'm just trying to find out if that's it, or there's anything else specifically.

There's a small amount of nudity (shower / bath scenes), along with a fair amount of blood in some episodes, but nothing worse than a typical Gundam series.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, there's that event in episode twelve, which I don't want to delve into, even with spoiler tags (they're useless in this situation). I don't think it's too objectionable, but then it did come as a bit of a shock.

Just saying.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quote
FinaleFantasy wrote:
Quote:

Language: There's mild bad langage, but it's infrequent. As noted above things you could hear in a 13+ rating.

Violent: No, not particularly, though people do get hurt, bleed, shot, stabbed, and killed and the mech battles are pretty intense sometimes. Nothing I'd really call overly violent.

Sex: No sex, occasional extremely brief nudity, yes.

Drugs: Yes, there are a few episodes dealing with drug use.
rainbowcourage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I really don't find Code Geass violent at all; most of it is implied violence, not graphic stuff. Season 2 has more fanservice than 1, but no, ahem, sensitive parts are revealed, and it's pretty brief. There's a little bit of drug use, however with a drug pertinent to that world called refrain. 13+sounds right. It's a great show, I would try it before knocking it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1