• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Toonz strikes again!?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 9:26 am Reply with quote
ANS: "A new CD project has released in recent weeks by American dance label JellyBean-Recordings, New York - Tokyo out of the NYC and distributor Sony Discos. Titled Anime Toonz Vol. 2: Maria Kawamura, this marks the followup installment to the 2001 Anime Toonz release featuring Kikuko Inoue."

Vol. 1 is probably the worst CD in my entire collection. Obviously, I don't have high hopes for this one.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Miagi wrote:
ANS: "A new CD project has released in recent weeks by American dance label JellyBean-Recordings, New York - Tokyo out of the NYC and distributor Sony Discos. Titled Anime Toonz Vol. 2: Maria Kawamura, this marks the followup installment to the 2001 Anime Toonz release featuring Kikuko Inoue."

Vol. 1 is probably the worst CD in my entire collection. Obviously, I don't have high hopes for this one.

Sony Discos?

I didn't even know that existed.

Wow though. That does sound pretty horrible. Most products that sell in the states that just so bluntly use the term "anime" turn me off. Also, almost anything that uses a "z" as a replacement for the proper plural ending really turns me off.

But sigh. I wouldn't have bought it anyway. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Bad name? Oh, that's only the beginning...
Ramen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh no... Well, I guess we can hope they learned from the first travesty. I really had such high hopes for the original AnimeToonz CD when I first heard of it. I love Inoue Kikuko, and the song list looked promising. It's a shame it turned out to be such garbage!

On a side note, if you want to hear anime songs remixed in a way that doesn't make your ears bleed, I suggest the ParaPara series of CD's. These are dance mixes sung primarily by Ishida Yoko (Ai Yori Aoshi, Sugar, Gunparade March, Pretear). I think there are about 7 CD's in the series.
Meson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:01 am Reply with quote
It's all remoxed anime themes. I have it, and it's ... interesting. Both volumes are playing on Toon Radio for those who want to try them out before you buy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1