• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
English songs from Asian artists.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
areaseven
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:09 am Reply with quote
Revelation by Journey. Okay, not exactly Asian, but the band's newest lead vocalist, Arnel Pineda, comes all the way from the Philippines. Some people wouldn't know the difference, though, as his vocal resemblance to Steve Perry is very uncanny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Also forgot about the punk band Nicotine. They regularly tour in the US and all of their songs are in English as well. I am actually impressed with their vocalist, Howie. His English pronunciation is very good, with a slight accent, but still has perfect English pronunciation. And all of their songs actually make sense if you listen to the lyrics, they sound like American punk songs.
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:34 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:

Change The World - V6 - Not as passionate as the Japanese, but still just as good.

Just a note - the english version of Change the World is not sang by V6. I believe it's sang by a British artist. I enjoy both the original version by V6 and the English one as well.

Angela Aki has a few English songs like Your Love Song, Warning and Santa Fe which I think are even better than Kiss Good Bye. I actually prefer her singing in English than in Japanese - her voice in Japanese can go a bit shrill. However, I did not like her version of Eyes of Me (of course the original by Faye Wong).

Speaking of Faye Wong, she also has another English song called
Do We Really Care? It's a nice sweet and sad song...

Kelly Chen, a C-pop artist also has a wonderful English song from quite a few years back called Lover's Concerto.

I have the Hyde's Roentgen English cd and his english is good in some of the songs and poor in other songs. He really worked on his english pronounciation for his 666 cd in songs like Words of Love or Prayer.

SNoW the singer for the OP of Hell Girl - she has a very good english song called Through My Eyes. I don't think she's singing anymore but I could be wrong.

Chihiro Onitsuka did a couple of cover songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quote
I recently looked into Chihiro Onitsuka after reading up on one of the old Sound Decision articles. I haven't heard the suggested song yet, but she's quite something! Thanks again everyone. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2