• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto's New Opening And Ending Themes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zack26
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:18 pm Reply with quote
So, after watching Naruto's ep 78. What do you guys think of the new opening & ending themes?
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote
I like the opening, but not as much as the 2nd and 3rd. The music is ok, but I don't like it when the guy raps. The animation is nice and I epecially love it when they show Naruto kicking hentai-sennin butt at one point, and at the end when they show Tsunade at the slot machine.

The ending... I don't love... but I don't hate it either. The first ending will always be my fave, music and animation wise.

I can't wait for ep 79. Bit dissapointed about how the fox demon looks right now though.
rage-demon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Currently the beginning and ending songs don't seem very good. I prefered the first ending and opening, but my favorite was the 3rd ending (orange range). I just wish something better was animated to it. But it was still funny seeing all of the super deformed characters marching along. Anime smile
Goshin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:21 am Reply with quote
“We are Figh-ting Dreamers!” “We are figh-ting Dreamers!”

Yeah, when I first heard those first few lines, I was somewhat amused. The opening isn’t that bad but, it’s not good either. The other opening tracks were a lot better.

The ending wasn’t that bad either, but the animation just didn’t fit the song. Perhaps, a mellow tune would’ve sufficed.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:48 am Reply with quote
Must still give it a look. But anything must be better than the 4th ending (Lazy lazy lazy!).

For the record, my favorite themes are the second opening (Haruka Kanata)(And with a cool name like "Asian Kung-Fu Generation, how can you go wrong?), and the third Ending (Viva Rock ~Japanese Side~)(mainly for the amusment.). Sorry. Rocks didn't appeal to me THAT much. But it still gets a comfy place in second, cause the other endings were well, kinda... crappy.

Oops. forgot to smile. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Fandrez

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 3:52 pm Reply with quote
I sort of like the new Naruto opening song, but the 3rd one is still my favorite. For the ending song, I have nothing good or bad to say about it, but my favorite is the 1st one. Smile
Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:19 am Reply with quote
i've heard the song asian kung-fu gen did for naruto....

and i must say i like "kimi toiu hana" a lot better. it seems like in haruka kanata, the vocalist is just screaming half the time. eh...whatever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. But it's good screaming. Very Happy

I dunno. It's just something you kinda have to be into. I really kinda like the second theme Haruka Kanata the best, because it has the most energy and all. The third and fourth themes are tied, mainly for different reasons. They're both good though. I'm sorry, but I only found Rocks somewhat amusing. It's not a bad song, but it's definently not the best.

And eh. Why does everyone like Wind? I liked the third ending the best, though it was quite shortlived. =/
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
is2hyolee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:41 am Reply with quote
... its not to bad, then again i get use to intro/endings of anime and end up liking it ...
Fandrez

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
O, does anyone know what the name of the new Naruto Opening is?
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:16 pm Reply with quote
GO!!!! by Flow
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Shiki MSHTS wrote:
And eh. Why does everyone like Wind? I liked the third ending the best, though it was quite shortlived. =/

I love Wind the best because, well, I found it to be such a pretty song. I think it really captured Naruto's character, and since it is early in the series, you're just getting to know Naruto, so I think it gives a person another way to sympathize with Naruto. The lyrics and the scenes/animation they show while its playing are touching. Of course that was just me... The 3rd ending... just didn't appeal to me. The animation and the lyrics just weren't for me.
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:33 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
The 3rd ending... just didn't appeal to me. The animation and the lyrics just weren't for me.

It appealed to me as more of a light hearted humorous ending. =P

Harmonia, was too light headed though. ^^;
rage-demon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
I love Wind the best because, well, I found it to be such a pretty song. I think it really captured Naruto's character, and since it is early in the series, you're just getting to know Naruto, so I think it gives a person another way to sympathize with Naruto. The lyrics and the scenes/animation they show while its playing are touching.

I agree, the song seemed to highlight the pain and loneliness that Naruto felt. To me it made the series seem like it was more than just comedy and fighting. This contrast really seemed to fit in at the beginning of the series when you are first getting to know Naruto.

Shiki MSHTS wrote:
littlegreenwolf wrote:
The 3rd ending... just didn't appeal to me. The animation and the lyrics just weren't for me.

It appealed to me as more of a light hearted humorous ending. =P

Harmonia, was too light headed though. ^^;

I'll agree with you on both of those songs. The third ending was kinda humorus even though it was simple. Something about seeing all the chibi characters marching along really seemed to bring out their basic personalities. Although I think it was a tease to show spoiler[Kakashi's summoned dog at the end.] It drove me nuts wondering when and where that would come in on the show.

And yeah, Harmonia was just too... blah for my taste.
Fandrez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I didn't like the 3rd ending but then again I didn't hate it either. It sounded more like just a humoring thing like you guys said. Then 2nd ending, I found more odd then bad or good (my opinion). I mean, you see Sakura and Ino dancing around and see pictures of the "main" boy characters fall down. Ehh, creepy, hehe Laughing . Then again, all the ending songs in Naruto so far have been sort of slow beat songs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2