• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Da Capo II: worth watching?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3ndlessSky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I finished watching Da Capo recently and I didn't enjoy it at all. It started out great, but once it reached the middle, it went downhill from there. The same goes for Da Capo SS... There are many reasons why I didn't like DC and DCSS
-Most of the characters annoyed me, with a few exceptions (Kotori, Sakura). I hate Nemu with a passion. DCSS started out really good, and once I hit episode 9-ish when Nemu makes her first appearance, I just quit right there.
-BOTH ARE SO REPETITIVE. Junichi would make a mistake, Nemu gets mad, Junichi apologizes, they make up... and so on and so on.

But I guess that if I don't like Nemu and I don't like how the events are so repetitive, there is no way that I would enjoy the anime since ~90% of the anime consists of these things.

Now it comes down to this: I'm wondering if DCII and DCIISS are worth watching if I was disgusted with DC and DCSS. Does DCII and DCIISS follow a similar format as their predecessors?
Koji98

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I saw all of Da Capo and Da Capo: Second Season, and although I actually did like the first season, the second season was just as you said. As for Da Capo II, I watched most of it, and it turned out almost exactly the same except with a new cast of characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1