• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tech TV Staff Laid Off

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, EP is much worse than Judgement Day. I just want to see Victor pound Tommy, just 1 time. In fact, why not have a cage-match of the videogame review show hosts: Adam vs. Morgan vs. Tommy vs. Victor. The last one alive wins (Go Victor). Then the ...victor (ha!) gets to choose his sidekick. That's where the action is - sidekick. But, since everybody else is gone, here comes Diane Mizota - (Ahhhhh, excalibur). They could call it something like Electric Extended Judgements, or something similarly sweet.
Then, they've got to get rid of stuff like blister, robot wars, and portal - those shows are garbage. Only keep the good stuff like TSS, Filter, CfH, AU and Fresh gear.
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote
My god, that cage match would be a mess... although I think morgan would win (why m I answering this?!?!?!?!)

But with leo back, I think they will kepp CFH, I know for a fact TSS will stay and if XPlay stays Unscrewed should stay, get rid of robot wars... and they sould keep Tech Live
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Anime_Freak

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Just learned that Tech Live will NOT be staying. Here's the email I got:

Not A Message From Chris Or Jessica
Well, it'd be tough to ignore the big news about TechTV today, so I'll say what I can. Yes, Comcast finished its acquisition of TechTV today -- the network is now owned by Comcast. The network is also being merged with G4. The new network will be called G4techTV. Many of the TechTV shows you love are going away. Many TechTV shows you love are staying. If you continue to watch, you'll be introduced to shows from the G4 network. Eventually, it'll all be merged, and the network will look a lot different than it does today. Before I say too much, I encourage you to visit www.g4techtv.com for more information. As for "Tech Live," I'm afraid our days are numbered. Our final show will air next Friday, May 21.

Tis sad, I liked Tech Live. Wonder what others shows are getting the axe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:01 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Just learned that Tech Live will NOT be staying.

Seems TechLive & Call for Help are the only majour casualties of the merger. Screen Savers, Unscrewed, Anime Unleashed, X-Play, etc. are all staying, and it seems they might be putting Thunderbirds back on the air, finally (in a word, HALLELUJAH!!).

With TechLive & Call for Help being gone, one must wonder where Leo, Cat, & Jessica will go. Y'know they gotta keep Leo, so odds are he'll return to Screen Savers. Jessica will probably head back to Screen Savers as well, but Cat...dunno. Fresh Gear?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:41 am Reply with quote
Anime_Freak wrote:
Just learned that Tech Live will NOT be staying.

Dang, I'm going to miss watching TechLive right after the Screen Savers. Crying or Very sad (Well, I really can't watch now anyway.) Unless, they make SS a 90 minute program. Here's to hoping.

Nagisa wrote:

Screen Savers, Unscrewed, Anime Unleashed, X-Play, etc. are all staying, and it seems they might be putting Thunderbirds back on the air, finally (in a word, HALLELUJAH!!).

I figure that they were going to bring back the Thunderbirds becasue of the upcoming movie, plus wooden puppets are very funny. Razz Any hoot, it's good to AU sticking around and I hope they get some new series running. X-Play . . . Adam really needs to tone it down. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:46 am Reply with quote
Please air in Canada, please air in Canada, please air in Canada.
Stormkoopa

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:09 am Reply with quote
Wow, such hatred for Morgan. I agree she's out of place on X-Play, but I'll bet she knows more about computers and gaming than most of the cast on tech-tv. X-Play would be better if they let them just be themselves rather than giving them scripted personalities. And just so it's on topic, when Morgan was on screen savers she would often review new anime titles that had come out on dvd.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:10 am Reply with quote
Stormkoopa wrote:
Wow, such hatred for Morgan. I agree she's out of place on X-Play, but I'll bet she knows more about computers and gaming than most of the cast on tech-tv. X-Play would be better if they let them just be themselves rather than giving them scripted personalities. And just so it's on topic, when Morgan was on screen savers she would often review new anime titles that had come out on dvd.

I guess i can't really blame Morgan entirely for her lame contributions to the show,mainly because she didn't have anything say-so regarding the cheesy scripts she and Adam are forced to read. (And as a poster commented, she is "Eye-candy". I wouldn't kick her out of my bed. Anime smile + sweatdrop ) besides that, when it comes to X-play's game reviews for the most part i feel that they're inaccurate.

(I.E. giving a boring game like Batman; rise of sun tsu a high score.) They may still be on the air, but let's hope that the show gets a major overhaul for the better.
And Adam needs a makeover, the guy looks like your above average stereotypical dweeb/dofus.

On second thought, Just show morgan and let adam do the hosting behind the camera. Twisted Evil
Ataru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Stormkoopa wrote:
And just so it's on topic, when Morgan was on screen savers she would often review new anime titles that had come out on dvd.

I know they did a segment on Morgan going to an anime con, but I don't think there will be much in the way of reviews done on SS, outside of the AniMatrix that Pat did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sketchee

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:36 pm Reply with quote
arxane wrote:
And Electric Playground...*shudder* a good reason why you shouldn't use a music composer (Tommy Tallarico) as your show's host.

Tell that to music composer Hugh Downs (of 20/20) who's music has been performed by Yo-Yo Ma and the St. Louis Symphony. Smile
flicker

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if DirectTV will still be showing TechTV since Comcast now owns it... I would hope they wouldn't be stupid enough to cut down their ratings that much but you never know.
Poppycock

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:14 pm Reply with quote
this sounds good, so what animes are on Anime Unleashed?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
herbkir

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote
The merged channels will continue to be shown on Dish Network and Direct TV. The channel spot on your satellite box may change, but the channel will be there somewhere, almost certainly in the same tier where it's sold now. On Dish, for instance, TTV is a 2nd-tier channel so it probably will stay that way after the changeover.

I was glad to see most of the TTV shows I watch, including Anime Unleashed, are going to be kept for now. (^_*)
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Poppycock wrote:
this sounds good, so what animes are on Anime Unleashed?

Banner of the Stars
Betterman
Boogiepop Phantom
Crest of the Stars
Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure
Gatekeepers 21
Geneshaft
Last EXILE
Serial Experiments Lain
Silent Möbius
SoulTaker

And one time they ran the Armitage III: Polymatrix movie. That...should be all of them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
flicker

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:22 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
The merged channels will continue to be shown on Dish Network and Direct TV. The channel spot on your satellite box may change, but the channel will be there somewhere

Woohooo!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4