• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shoujo Manga Recommendations

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I'd recommend Confidential Confessions, it's very good stuff. By the way I'm a guy and I read this stuff. I'm pretty open with stories, but I won't read any of the yaoi stuff.

Reason I read CC books is for something different, that I might not otherwise read, that's the beauty of manga I guess. My 15 year old niece also read them and thought they were good.

I also believe the Erica Sakurazawa series from Tokyopop is also pretty good.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:17 pm Reply with quote
No yaoi? Darn it! *hugs her copy of FAKE*

Peach Girl is the one I recommend. I think it'd be perfect for what you're looking for, although it can be a bit hard to find.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kelly Sue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Kare First Love is just what you're looking for:

KARE FIRST LOVE 184 pages $9.95 Category: SHÔJO Available from VIZ, August 2004

Life is pretty dull for four-eyed high school student Karin. She has never thought of herself as beautiful or glamorous, yet one day she finds Kiriya, the hottest guy in school, taking pictures of her in the subway. Karin is not sure if he actually likes her or if he just some kind of weirdo. Things are further complicated when Yuka, the most popular girl in Karin’s school takes a romantic interest in Kiriya and views Karin as her rival. Karin tries build up her courage and self esteem and stand up to Yuka. A modern story inspired by the classic Ugly Duckling fairy tale, KARE FIRST LOVE, from Kaho Miyasaka, realistically depicts a young girl’s path to discover her true self and her first experiences with love.

KARE FIRST LOVE is an ongoing series still published in the pages of Shôjo Comic in Japan and has sold over 1.5 million copies. This is the first time the manga will be offered to an English-speaking audience.
Fuunsaiki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 11:49 am Reply with quote
Ummm...I sugjest Utena, Fushigi Yuugi, Alice 19th and...umm... Ceres Celestial Legend. Yeah, they're really good! But thy're all T+ Smile but who said T+ was a bad thing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2