• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toradora! (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:00 am Reply with quote
To commemorate the Blu-ray release, I'll be commenting/translating some of the mini-games in the Toradora! PSP game.

One mini-game is a Final Fight-style battle with Taiga. The Palmtop Tiger has overslept, and must make it to school before 8am. The boss of the first stage is wussy femboy Haruta Kouji. The 2nd stage's boss is Kawashima Ami, topped off with Kanou Sumire guarding the entrance to school itself.

It's hardly challenging since Taiga has infinite health, but still fun nonetheless. Tons of boys chase after Taiga in the first stage, hoping to embrace her for good luck (see episode 14).

Next, there's the memory game (some cards change positions). If you screw up royally, Taiga will say, "I'd call you a dog, but that'd be an insult to Fido. You're less than a dog. Wait, scratch that. You're a pitiful excuse for a dog!" Anime hyper

Last edited by HyugaHinata on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:00 am; edited 3 times in total
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Next, there's the memory game (some cards change positions). If you screw up royally, Taiga will say, "Is that the best you can do? You're less than a dog. Wait, scratch that. You're a pitiful excuse for a dog." Anime hyper

I can totally picture a certain kind of person failing repeatedly on purpose.
Key

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
Boy, I hate to double-dip on titles, but I just might have to for the upcoming dubbed Blu-Ray of this one, seeing as how I consider it one of the top titles of the past few years. Thought this one had a great Japanese language track, but I am very curious to hear how it sounds dubbed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
HyugaHinata wrote:
Next, there's the memory game (some cards change positions). If you screw up royally, Taiga will say, "Is that the best you can do? You're less than a dog. Wait, scratch that. You're a pitiful excuse for a dog." Anime hyper

I can totally picture a certain kind of person failing repeatedly on purpose.

You mean, if Taiga existed in real life, she'd go after this result to insult Ryuuji even further?

It's harder than it sounds. If you don't get the pairs right the first time, you'll likely get this scathing "scratching" from Taiga.

And the cards always randomly change position during the game.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
No, I meant verbal masochists who get off on being called down, even (or maybe especially) if it's by a fictional character. Those types of folk exist.

Does it at least show you where the cards move to? Like, they're face down and shuffle around and you just need a keen eye to keep track of them? If not then that's pretty lame. Memory is all about memory.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I don't think you can predict where the cards go. But if you've played the latest Brain Age for the 3DS, you shouldn't have many problems getting a high score.
Ambehr79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Hrmmmm, Taiga's abuse of Ryuuji -- was only for this. During the first episode, they truly can't seem to understand each other since they don't know each other at all. I LOVE the character development throughout the series, because even tsundere Taiga isn't let off by Ryuuji in what he thinks should be best for her. Best of all, Ryuuji's a male who strives to be an equal and earns Taiga's respect [not to mention Minorin's], unlike Zero no Tsukaima, where it's literally a punch-fest. Anime hyper

Best anime ever for emotional hetero attachment [putting hetero in there since all the stuff I've watched afterwards has been mainly yuri focused Anime hyper] -- setting wasn't even original, but the characters themselves really pull this anime along.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 64 of 64