• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kannagi.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07 pm Reply with quote
One quick comment about the OP: I picked up the full version today, and the parts not used in the TV size are precisely the parts she actually starts singing like Nagi would. Razz
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote
EP 5 = More Greatness!! Very Happy
A lot of interesting things and tid-bits of information are dropped in this one.
Concerning Zange: spoiler[the girl she is possessing (Hakua) still has some control over her body as seen in the cooking scene] Plus, spoiler[Hakua's father turns out to be a type of priest and knows who and what Nagi and Zange really are.] Both of these are going to make her character quite interesting in the coming episodes.
Concerning Nagi: Her idol plan seems to be taking off the ground already. spoiler[She's already got a web-site and a fan base,] but she won't truly become a celebrity until she gets made fun of in a South Park episode, so she's got a ways to go Razz . It was also pretty cool how spoiler[the students rallied together to help her out.]

And the "cook-off" thing has almost always been lame, but man... the revelation Nagi drops here made that scene: spoiler["It's not that I don't know how to cook, its just too troubling"] Laughing .
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Nagi gains a level!
Nagi learns a new spell.
Nagi uses Magic Light on grumpy teacher.
Magic Light reflects off of grumpy teacher's forehead.
Grumpy teacher becomes more irritated.]

I thought it was cute they put the director's comment in there spoiler[with the other fan comments about Nagi].
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
spoiler[Nagi gains a level!
Nagi learns a new spell.
Nagi uses Magic Light on grumpy teacher.
Magic Light reflects off of grumpy teacher's forehead.
Grumpy teacher becomes more irritated.]

I loved that part! I loved how she spoiler[[Nagi] reacted to it when she saw that the light was reflected on the teacher's head] Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
furizaa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, episode 6 was good! We're really starting to get a lot of character development out of Nagi, Jin, and Tsugumi now. I'd have to say that this was the best episode yet so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Patachu
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:11 pm Reply with quote
I almost can't believe that the director is spoiler[the same guy that got fired from Lucky Star]. Dude must have seriously worked on his chops since that time because his flair for comedy is through the roof.

spoiler[Or maybe his skills just weren't what KyoAni wanted at the time. Whatever, their loss.]

And yes, like many, I was very moved by spoiler[all the students cheering "Nagi! Nagi! Nagi!" ... I think ... my heart swelled in a way that I hadn't felt since some kid with a drill saved the universe. ]

Also: has everyone been a good Nagitard and visited her fanclub site?
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
ep 6 was once again some predictable, usual antics but done in a hilariously fresh way. I can't really pin my finger on it though, maybe its due to this show's excellent characters and how they all compliment eachother in near perfection, but this show is just... great!

And I actually got kind of excited when spoiler[Jin snapped and practically announced to the world that he didn't want Nagi near him because her cosplay uniform was so cute that it was making him flustered Wink .] A prime scene right there, but I couldn't help but spoiler[feel sorry for Tsugumi,] but things are getting even more interesting.
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
I almost can't believe that the director is spoiler[the same guy that got fired from Lucky Star]. Dude must have seriously worked on his chops since that time because his flair for comedy is through the roof.

He's following the source material manga very, very closely but the little bit of rearrangement and additional touches have been good. Also i think he got fired from Lucky Star more due to political reasons than anything. Maybe they knew that Sony/Aniplex was headhunting him for A-1 Studios (look at the amount of shows with Aniplex involvement.... A-1 studios is their studio...) and decided to fire him while they could?
motaku96

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't too sure about Kannagi at first but after the third episode I got totally hooked. It's become one of my favorite current shows. Episode 6 was a riot. I couldn't stop laughing. It's funny (and a little creepy) that the show is self aware.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Man, episode 7, wow. I think it's passed Toradora for my favorite show this season.

Best part: spoiler[when Akiba showed up and Jin ran out to meet him. ]
Second best part: spoiler[when Tsumugi saw what the pictures on the back of the game box.]
Third best part: The entire rest of the episode.

There were just so many great comedy moments that I can forgive it being devoid of plot development.
furizaa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quote
I agree, episode 7 was pretty hilarious. The only part I had a problem with, was about 6 or so minutes in, before I realized that the entire episode would revolve around spoiler[Nagi locking herself in Jin's closet], I started to think that the opening "joke" was lasting a bit too long, and I started to get bored. But then I understood that they were going to stick with it the entire episode, and it got hilarious to me again.

It's really close to call, but right now I think I might like this one more than Toradora now as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
frentymon
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 7: Wait, I don't really get it. How did spoiler[Nagi manage to get out of the closet?]
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Episode 7: Wait, I don't really get it. How did spoiler[Nagi manage to get out of the closet?]

Eh? spoiler[She just walked out to get some food and seeing how Jin "caught" her she forgave him.]
motaku96

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I saw episode 7 yesterday. I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time. Jin's friends are the best.

spoiler["It's a Sony."]
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
furizaa wrote:

It's really close to call, but right now I think I might like this one more than Toradora now as well.

Yeah, same here, I'm not quite sure though, but Kannagi definitely has the better lead character Wink .

Although it was obvious, I loved the whole spoiler[super-suggestive conversation about what Jin did. "And he did it while I was in the bath! He didn't even consider my feelings!" Laughing ]
And Zange's "tactic" as well as Tsugumi's reaction to it had me full-o-giggles.
Anyone else expecting that Magical Loliko show that Nagi likes to receive some sort of spin-off feature? Or maybe it already exists? Rolling Eyes

spoiler["Mega-Milk Tits!!"] Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8