• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cons You Wish You Could Go to But Can't

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuriko-chan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
List them and why. Mine all have to do with guests. Also, why did you miss them? I missed or will miss mine because they're too far away and I have no money.

Animazement-I MISSED YU WATASE AND SAKAMOTO CHIKA!!! *cries*

Akon-I had to miss Do As Infinity ><.

Otakon-Kurama's VA, and L'Arc~En~Ciel

Oh how I want to go to Otakon...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
nagashi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I really wanted to see DAI too....

I also missed Nami Tamaki at PMX.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Neo-Yasha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:50 am Reply with quote
Sorry if this sounds stupid, but i wish i could get to at least all the cons that are to happen in all the Major cities in Canada. Why? 2 reasons.
1: I love anime and 2: I barely have the chance of going to Cons. We only have the one in our province, and it's not much. Just some vendors, an art veiwing room and some screening rooms.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:04 am Reply with quote
I'd like to go to A-Kon one day, but it's hot enough in Cali. I really wished I could've seen Amano at T.H.E.M.'s con though. I want to go to SDCC one day just to see what it's like, but that's about it.
kenshin77

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
Comiket in Japan, Just to check out an actual Japanese Con...oh and the Doujinshi. Laughing
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Anime Expo of 200? and going to Comiket in Japan. Which is too far and too expensive. And even though Anime Expo is in the states I don't know when I'll ever get around to travelling within the states. I hope to attend any of these cons one day.
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Hmm... Otakon and A-kon. Why? They usually have better guests than AX.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:01 am Reply with quote
Somewhat surprisingly, I've never been to A-Kon or Fanime, so those are both on my 'to go' list, maybe for next year. Also, one of these years, I want to hit I-Con and DragonCon, both of which are not anime conventions per se, but feature a good amount of anime programming.

Plus, I guess I should start planning for WorldCon 2007 Japan, which should be *interesting* to say the least.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:09 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I'd like to go to A-Kon one day, but it's hot enough in Cali.

A-Kon was my first con, actually, but I completely botched it up by 1. Not being able to find a schedule 2. Being too overwhelmed by the dealer's room to go elsewhere the majority of the time (I was young and had never seen so much anime stuff before.. ^^; ) 3. Agreeing to meet an online friend there to hang out with who turned out to be awkward and uncomfortable. I still have fond memories of it, but I'd like to go again one day (if I ever make my way back to Texas in the future) and do it right.

As for cons I wish I could attend, well.. I'd like to go to Expo and Otakon. Alas, I'm in the midwest. My biggest cons each year are Anime Detour, Anime Reactor, and Wizard World Chicago (which I usually have the most fun at). I usually spend all of my travelling time going to film festivals instead.. ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mexicanime86

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I was @ A-Kon this year, and I found it was even better than I expected. However, I was in Volunteers Unlimited most of the time, so I only had time to go to the 1st part of the concert and to the last couple of hours of the dealers room. Anime cry

I didn't get to go to the J-pop theaters, special guest interviews, or to the arcade contests. But I will return next year only as a fan.

As to the topic, I want to go to any and all cons that are in Texas and that are close to the north-eastern border of Texas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:39 am Reply with quote
I've wanted to go to Animazement the past two times for Chika Sakamoto, but it keeps falling on the same weekend as other cons where I have previous engagements regarding them. x_X In 2004 it was Pacific Media Expo, and in 2005 it was Anime North.

I hope Sakamoto-san will want to return again someday. Anime cry It'd've been cool to see Hisakawa-san too...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kiba548

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could go to Otakon.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:00 pm Reply with quote
I want to check out NarutoCon, but that's all the way in California! I can barely afford conventions near me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
.Sy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I thought Narutocon was cancelled? Tat's what I heard from anime-cons.org anyway. They stated something about not enough pre-regs.
I definitely would love to go to AX, the dealer's room just looks so tempting. My budget says no, tho'
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:45 pm Reply with quote
.Sy wrote:
I thought Narutocon was cancelled? Tat's what I heard from anime-cons.org anyway. They stated something about not enough pre-regs.

Really? I went to their site recently (I guess not that recent). Is the whole convention canceled, or is it just for this year?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2