• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Help Please

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:09 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Don't they have those disposable credit cards now? Where you go to like Wal-mart or whatever and you put an amount of money on there (like a gift card) but it works like a credit card (I think they are visa/mastercard)?

Really? Thats a cool idea, I'll get one of those. Could you direct me to a link for it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:30 am Reply with quote
They have some thing like that? thats kinda cool.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:50 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Don't they have those disposable credit cards now? Where you go to like Wal-mart or whatever and you put an amount of money on there (like a gift card) but it works like a credit card (I think they are visa/mastercard)?

Yes, and there are also ones that you can do through you're bank/CU. For example Visa has the Visa Buxx card, and Mastercard has the PrivaCard. Best part is neither of these have age limits.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:07 am Reply with quote
Prepaid Mastercard

Visa Gift Card

The mastercard site is annoying, it gives you a different list of cards everytime you go to the site. If you start going through the list of cards, under where it says Purchase Location it either says on-line or Retail In-store. Most of us probably want the retail ones, so find the one you want and then click on the name. A window will pop-up and you should be able to put in a zip to find out what stores around you sell the card.

The Visa one appears to have to be bought from specific places (although you can use it everywhere), I guess it was just the Mastercard that you could get in stores.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2