• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Seed DVD

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can find the entire season of Gundam Seed (In English, no subs) on DVD. Question
YUGI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Your out of luck they just released vol. 1. You're better off watching it on tv.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Here's a link to a Volume 1, standard.

And here's a link to a Limited Edtion Vol.1 w/ box.
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Here's a link to a Volume 1, standard.

And here's a link to a Limited Edtion Vol.1 w/ box.

I know this is sort of off topic, but I've been really anxious to buy anime dvds from Deep Discount Dvd but they only accept credit cards. Me only being 15 years old and living in America I don't have one. I was wondering if there was a certain age you have to be to get a credit card?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
YUGI

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:38 pm Reply with quote
You could get it in any age if your parents allow it. They have full control of your account till age 18.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they could get you a "real" credit card. The other option is getting something like the Visa Buxx card, which is basically a pre-paid credit card. Your parents put money in the account for you, and then you can buy whatever. When the account gets low on cash, you just put more into the account. A friend of mine had one back when they first came out. Seemed to work pretty well.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:59 pm Reply with quote
I got my first credit card at about age 16 or 17. I had saved up some money from working and my father also had met the requirments to creat a Bank of America Advantage Account, meaning, he could bascially make another account, given that his account sustained a certain amount of money in it.

But the point here is I got a my own account, a free credit card, and a free debit card in the process.

I suppose if your parents won't let you have your own account, you could always just use their credit card and give them cash to pay off the balance (like I do sometimes).

In any case, that site is terrific, I highly recommend buying from them when you get the chance!
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote
If you want a "real" credit card, financially independent of your parents, then you need some means of paying of your debts (I.e. you must have an income).

I don't think age or education is a factor.. but yearly salary certainly is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
frostedsaiyan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Well guys, I talked to a person on ANN about it and she convinced me to get a debit card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

Not really, that's actually the hot new thing in identity theft. That is parents obtaining credit by using their kids info, and racking up thousands of dolllars of debt upon them, completely seperate from the parents credit. Youngest I ever heard of was a 4 yr old girl, who's mother had racked up $10,000+ of debt.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Cookie wrote:

Not really, that's actually the hot new thing in identity theft.

Sorry, I meant it more along the lines of, "If you put $1k per month on your credit card, you'd better earn at least $1k/month in income so that you can pay it off."

You can always lie about how much money you earn, and there's basically no way that the credit card company will be able to prove you're lying.

The trouble arises when you put purchases on your credit card and then don't pay them off.. and THAT is what I'm warning about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

Sorry, I meant it more along the lines of, "If you put $1k per month on your credit card, you'd better earn at least $1k/month in income so that you can pay it off."

The trouble arises when you put purchases on your credit card and then don't pay them off.. and THAT is what I'm warning about.

Oops sorry, I misunderstood. Yup you better make enough to pay off the card, unless you just want to pay the minimums and take 20 years to pay it off, which I wouldn't suggest.
ksb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm in that same fix. My parents would never get me a card, but i need one pretty badly.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1