• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HENNEKO (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 am Reply with quote

HENNEKO
Genres: comedy, drama, romance

Plot:

Youto Yokodera is always thinking about his carnal desires, but no one acknowledges him as a pervert. He learns about a cat statue that supposedly grants wishes. The boy goes to pray that he will be able to express his lustful thoughts whenever and wherever he wants. At the statue, Youto encounters Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi, a girl from his high school with her own wish—that she would not display her real intentions so readily.

Episode 1
Lol, I guess the OP song is kinda cute. Well, I got mostly what I expected from the pilot episode. The scenes at night were kinda cute and awkward imo.

Also, Azusa was kinda funny to watch. spoiler[DEAD OR DIE]

Overall, I guess this a typical romantic comedy series but I do find it a bit cute with Tsukiko and Azusa in the episode. I'll continue watching this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:38 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first episode. It was interesting to see a pervert who has to speak his mind. It created a lot of funny and awkward situations
drdr48

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
So our pervert, heterosexual protagonist mentioned Oscar Wilde, being a pervert, but not towards which gender... (He was notably gay).

For some reason I find it kind of weird Laughing
ssandulak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Not as good as I was expecting...though I'm not sure what I was expecting? Still okay, and I'll watch a couple more to see where they'll take it. The premise sounded more interesting beforehand, but it doesn't seem like they're really doing anything amazing with it. I did chuckle a few times throughout though, so it wasn't a complete loss.
I'm a sucker for the somewhat monotoned female though. Makes for some good deadpan deliveries Very Happy
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
ep.1

spoiler[meet yoto a perv guy who keep perv life very quiet til steel queen want him to take over track-field club got bit yikes then after talk with a pal of his mention wishing stony cat changed a life.

so yoto go meet stony cat with a dutch wife for it til he meet a female who want also wish on stony cat as well so they make a wish & yep be careful what you wish for on it.

cause now yoto can't lie also being tell all pervy truth (liar liar movie anyone) as for girl he meet aka tsukiko the stony cat make her emotionless.

with that give want their take back their wish so search is on & oh now yoto want be a servant to azuka cause he assume she got yoto's lying mood. ]

yea 1ep on this oh boy yea i wonder how this will be going on?
Key

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
I found it mildly entertaining and interesting enough that I would probably follow this one were this a weaker season. There are currently 7-8 series that are higher priorities for me this season, though, so this one will likely fall by the wayside for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

It is the new J.C. Staff romantic comedy with slight ecchi themes, of course I will be watching this. I probably should have known what studio did it before hand, but I figured out for its likeness to Sakurasou by the time the OP started, which was pretty catchy by the way.

Yui Ogura seems to be using what I like to dub her little sister voice, well she got my attention lately for her work on Nakaimo and in Sakurasou, the voice used in these tend to have a unique sound. But there is an interesting twist used here where she went from sounding like a total little girl, and now spoiler[sounds quite emotionless, usually a trait on its own could make an interesting character, but it seems to be a major issue. The cat turned her into a tsundere (or Kuudere), while he became the sort of guy that blurts the first thing that he thinks of].

I probably thought of it incorrectly, but I thought perhaps spoiler[Youto and Tsukiko gave each other their traits], although just checking the statue having spoiler[a facial expression] seems to point otherwise. Don't see why the ojou-sama would need spoiler[his façade if she was already dealing with confessors.]

At least there were some funny moments like him saying those things out loud about the spoiler[club president, the ojou's chest, and the confession like moment]. And I like Tsukiko. the little jokes, which later spoiler[became deadpan], and she seemed totally upset over him possibly having a relationship with the other girl. Actually I am interested in figuring out what is her actual mood behind things other than it just sounding like she is angry, if they decide to add clues.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
For whatever reason, I was expecting this one to be funnier. I'll check it out some more but it's not setting my world on fire right now. The Devil is a Part-timer seems to have a lock as "My Fave Comedy of Spring 2013."
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really know what to expect out of it. i like it so far, but yeah, I agree with Blood-, the Devil is A Part Timer looks to be the best comedy this season.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget Nyaruko-san!
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I must agree, a pretty underwhelming first episode, things can change but Devil is a part timer is so far ahead. Not bad by any means, but a lot will be riding on these next two episodes. And by lot, I mean my interest, which really does not qualify as a lot other than to me.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
The humor hit its mark for me in this episode, but I'm left with this nagging feeling of, "what now?" There's certainly the potential for things to get a lot crazier as spoiler[attempts to reverse the curse turn out to have their own unintended consequences], if the show heads in that direction. What worries me is the palpable danger of the same gags from this episode being replayed ad nauseam throughout the rest of the series instead.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Maybe other girls will contract with the stony cat and they'll join with the current duo to loosely form a gang devoted to trying to get back what was lost?

I've got no idea what is going to happen next but I am interested enough to stick around and find out for myself.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
What worries me is the palpable danger of the same gags from this episode being replayed ad nauseam throughout the rest of the series instead.

Yeah, this is my fear, too. And considering I was kind of already bored with them by the end of the episode, I'm going to have limited patience if that's the route they take.
aereus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the opening, I assume something happens/has happened to the Track team captain as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7