• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inu x Boku Secret Service (Inu × Boku SS) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quote
It is not going very quickly is it. But I did not really come in for a battle show with Youkai, I got plenty of that from Nurariyon, I am mostly in it for the characters. But they probably should work at doing something new with the characters, perhaps some excitment, don't need two episodes to wait for a cup of coffee.

I had a little chuckle when Bunny and scroll tried to comunicate with little success. The ringtone Ririchiyo had when Karuka called was Karuka's ED song. Nodame had a spoiler[boob poking fight] with Yui expy, and coined Ririchiyo as a Tsunshun. And I think we got a look that bunny ears has may have eyes on his hands, talking about his voice actor, he shares one with Ouran's Tomaki who is similar in ways.

Actually thinking back it was rather obvious who left the notes
dan7el

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Ririchiyo Shirakiin is an incredibly boring. I could care less about the major crisis of her lif that she asked her bodyguard up for some coffee.

I'll be sorely disappointed if Soushi Miketsukami doesn't have some ulterior motive for the way he treats Ririchiyo.

Zange Natsume makes the show fun to watch. The two best episodes so far are the ones with Kage in them.

I am just watching to see what turns out.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:35 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

I had a little chuckle when Bunny and scroll tried to comunicate with little success. The ringtone Ririchiyo had when Karuka called was Karuka's ED song. Nodame had a spoiler[boob poking fight] with Yui expy, and coined Ririchiyo as a Tsunshun.

That part of the show is thoroughly amusing. The pacing for the main story just sucks.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Well latest episode stepped it up a bit compared to the previous 2. And words of the day:

Quote:
Peking Duck!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm calling it right now. Soushi Miketsukami's big secret, and the reason he's labeling himself spoiler[a big fat hairy liar] is the fact that spoiler[he wrote the letters instead of Kage].

And...the show is really that lame. However, watching Kage made it all worth the while.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Peking Duck!

Truly strong words.

Anyway Kage seems to be a villain, he calls people some awefull names, I don't know about japanese, but I find some of it hard to believe he could get away with it english. He would single handidly raise the rateing of the show with strong language, liked the shock of choosing a mother and daughter into his classification, and a passerby hearing him.

Ooh and Miketsukami in normal clothes, at least we can get some closure about the big secret next week.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:01 am Reply with quote
Welcome, my human toilets! Hah, hah, now I know how to refer to close family members when they piss me off. Anyway, it took 10 episodes, but the show finally ended in a way that made me eager to see the next show. Then dan7el ruined it for me with his speculation which I have a horrible feeling is correct. Thanks dan7el, you inhuman urinal! Wink I am curious as to how and why Miketsukami stopped being Kage's bodyguard. Knowing him, he somehow manipulated the situation so that he'd be free to take on the Tasty Little Tart as a client instead.
Ferian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
I'm calling it right now. Soushi Miketsukami's big secret, and the reason he's labeling himself spoiler[a big fat hairy liar] is the fact that spoiler[he wrote the letters instead of Kage].

And...the show is really that lame. However, watching Kage made it all worth the while.

Someone here is conveniently forgetting the few shots of Miketsukami's past that we've been shown, by which he spoiler[appears to have been a sex industry worker, or possibly has been seducing women to gain their favor/benefit from them as the sly S fox spirit he is.]
So yeah, possibly not as lame as you think it is.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote
I have to admit, the first quote that came to mind after the end of episode 10 was spoiler[Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!]
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:35 pm Reply with quote
that fiance of hers is annoying human toilets lol.
supercreep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:08 pm Reply with quote
The main plot of this show is rubbish, but that's not why I watch it. I find it consistently funny; every character besides the main two does something for me.

Every scene with Kage is fantastic. Fact.
Ferian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Ferian wrote:
Someone here is conveniently forgetting the few shots of Miketsukami's past that we've been shown, by which he spoiler[appears to have been a sex industry worker, or possibly has been seducing women to gain their favor/benefit from them as the sly S fox spirit he is.]
So yeah, possibly not as lame as you think it is.

Heh. Called it. He ain't a reincarnation of Kyuubi for no reason, looks like.
dragoneyes001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote
wow half an episode tospoiler[explain that he was writing her.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Interesting episode tbh...and next one will wrap up everything.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:42 am Reply with quote
I think that episode 11 was an awesome, it finally revealed the truth of Miketsukami, which I think made him a much better character. From a young age he was spoiler[locked up to keep him under control of the family, even worse than with Ririchiyo, with no real clear emotions. Through seducing women he worked his way up until he got to one of the heads of the family, than used that position to reveal the cruel treatment and become a "companion" of Kagerou. It is actual rather interesting that the seductives fakes does bring to mind of some clasic Kitsune stories.]

Hey it was kind of obvious that spoiler[he wrote the letters to her, but the real meat came from his motives through it, you might complain about taking so long, but I was enthralled in it. He thought of himself as a blank slate that only wrote the letters out of order from Kagerou, he created a fake Kagerou in his head to make her like him. He did not really feel much emotion about things, but tried to keep up with the illusion, but started to like the illusion, interestingly Kagerou pointed out that they were similar to each other. In effect the fake Kagerou became a part of Miketsukami.]

Interesting point is that I think Kagerou might care more than he lets on, he was able to spoiler[pick up what was wrong with Ririchiyo, and informed Miketsukami. I also think that him wanting to reveal the truth was also something kind of him, why else would he send Ririchiyo back up the elevator.] I wonder why the preview to next episode felt so sad, what is hapening?

Also of note, I spoiler[have terrible hand writing (as bad as a child's)], in guess I have that in common with Kagerou.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6