• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Proposed Robotech Film Gets Two New Writers

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
doctor:
Quote:
Compared to X-men 3's taking the mythology and ripping it to shreds,

Yes, because Professor X never spoiler[got killed] in the comics. Rolling Eyes

I never mentioned spoiler[Xavier. I meant Cyclops, figured that was obvious since I said SECOND most important character in the Dark Phoenix arc. Who do you think that is? Definitely not a certain Canadian, I'll tell you that much. And believe me, I have a ton of ammo on X3, so it's best we just drop the subject. The parts with Beast, Xavier, and Magneto (until the final fight, where his IQ drops by 50 points) were excellent, everything else mainly sucked.

Oh yeah, here's a big one. I forgave 1 and 2 for lack of teamwork because of the situations they found themselves in, but 3's final battle, with them all lined up, had no excuse. Yet the only teamwork was that "fight" against Magneto. Compare that to Spidey 3 with Peter and Harry backing each other up, and Transformers with the Autobots working together, and X-men 3 just screams "we got the 'team', we just forgot the 'work' ".]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2