• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
The King was a good guy. He didn't want to fight. He wanted to talk, but Netero killed him using dirty tactics.

The King was *not* a good guy for the vast majority of the time we saw him, not until the very end. I suggest you re-watch the fight between him and Netero when the King acknowledges the Chairman's efforts, and says as a result, he wouldn't kill *all* of the humans, and would leave *some* of them alive in a special preserve where they wouldn't be eaten by the Ants... the rest would, presumably, be kept as livestock by the Ants, or simply killed as a way of culling the herd. These are not the actions of a "good guy".

Only at the spoiler[end did he finally realize what was important, and once Palm recognized this had actually happened she told him where to find Komagi.]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[The aftermath.
So now chimera ants can live in peace.
Not that they're gonna be accepted by people easily.
Guess some were lucky..
It's always nice to see families reunited.
Welfin sure is obnoxious in his new form..
Like a bald dog, poor guy.
Kite bombshell dropped.
Could he still be alive?!
Gon's situation wasn't surprising after everything.
Killua truly is his best friend he can always depend on.
OMG was that guy at the end with wrapped head Gon's dad?
Damn, just can't wait to see more!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 136:

Decent episode and it captured all the feelings quite well imo. I liked how they portrayed the spoiler[ant characters as human like.]

This CA arc has been quite a ride. It started off slow and then really shifted the mood between various episodes. Plus, I was quite fond of the antagonists of this show in particular spoiler[Meruem and his character development. RIP Meruem.]

I am quite interested in the next arc known as the spoiler[Election Arc of course. It might not be that long but it'll be great to see some familiar faces like Ging and Hisoka.]

Last edited by Stark700 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the next arc, too. But seriously, Stark700, how can you say that spoiler[Ging] is a "familiar face?"
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
I'm looking forward to the next arc, too. But seriously, Stark700, how can you say that spoiler[Ging] is a "familiar face?"

Because I've read the manga and know who he is?

It's a familiar face to me, not to mention his appearances through flashbacks in the anime. I don't get what's so strange about that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[12 members of the Zodiac.
It's nice to see Gon's dad.
Didn't think he had such a high up position.
Still, I think he's irresponsible.
Leaving his kid like that & never coming back.
It's just cruel.
Even crueler is that he won't even go see him now.
He's a failure as a father.
Picking a new chairman...
Each of them wanted the position... sigh.
That part sure was predictable.
Well, glad they managed to finish the elections in one episode.
The most interesting part was definitely the very end.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 137:

Finally, the start of this arc. I predict this spoiler[Election Arc will end in about 10-12 episodes though. Anyways, it was nice to see the Zodiacs. I] like most of their voices. Also, I'm glad that spoiler[Hisoka] returned since it's been ages. Too bad though, he missed out a lot during the CA arc.

I notice the spoiler[new sequences in the OP song] and that was well done imo. The ED song....though, I wonder if that's a placeholder?

Oh and I didn't think I'd say this but it's cool to see spoiler[Illumi back too.]
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
So anime is almost over since I hear this is the last finished arc in the manga. Really gonna miss this show.
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
spoiler[Well, glad they managed to finish the elections in one episode.]
They didn't finish the election. They wen't through a single round of voting, which didn't even count because not enough people voted. The election has only just begun. Fans call this the "Election Arc" for good reason. Cool

Great episode overall. I loved the animation for the new opening -though they obviously shifted the budget for the ending into it. Can't wait to see the rest of the Arc animated.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
The King was a good guy. He didn't want to fight. He wanted to talk, but Netero killed him using dirty tactics.

The King was *not* a good guy for the vast majority of the time we saw him, not until the very end. I suggest you re-watch the fight between him and Netero when the King acknowledges the Chairman's efforts, and says as a result, he wouldn't kill *all* of the humans, and would leave *some* of them alive in a special preserve where they wouldn't be eaten by the Ants... the rest would, presumably, be kept as livestock by the Ants, or simply killed as a way of culling the herd. These are not the actions of a "good guy".

Only at the spoiler[end did he finally realize what was important, and once Palm recognized this had actually happened she told him where to find Komagi.]

The king wanted to talk it over instead of fighting. Netero refused to talk. I suggest you rewatch it. In our society, Netero was the bad guy in this case. If a murder said lets talk it over, then the cops kill the murder. The cops are wrong, they will go to jail.

Animals killing other animals for food is consider as natural. I think even Bible stated that it is ok to kill animals for food. If you are a vegetarian, then that's a different story.
Ant is not human, They don't kill their own for food. How can you consider the King is bad guy because he eats human? Does that mean all none vegetarian humans are bad guy?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
The king wanted to talk it over instead of fighting. Netero refused to talk. I suggest you rewatch it. In our society, Netero was the bad guy in this case. If a murder said lets talk it over, then the cops kill the murder. The cops are wrong, they will go to jail.

Animals killing other animals for food is consider as natural. I think even Bible stated that it is ok to kill animals for food. If you are a vegetarian, then that's a different story.

Ant is not human, They don't kill their own for food. How can you consider the King is bad guy because he eats human? Does that mean all none vegetarian humans are bad guy?

Really? This is your reasoning as to why the King wasn't evil for the majority of his existence? It's too ludicrous to even discuss in an intelligent manner. Good day.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:

Really? This is your reasoning as to why the King wasn't evil for the majority of his existence? It's too ludicrous to even discuss in an intelligent manner. Good day.

yes, animals eat other animals was never consider evil. I'm little confused on why eating food is consider evil.
yes, there is no reason discuss intelligently since you already have your point of view set.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Calculating, thinking, discussing.
Guess we're stuck with Zodiac members for a while.
Killua went home to "visit".
That was one dangerous family reunion.
Alluka, damn, those powers are just crazy.
Killua's family sure knows how to hide their biggest secrets.]

Great episode.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 138:
Ah, that was quite the episode. I mean, it went from some election talk to meeting a very dangerous character who has the spoiler[ability to grant wishes.]

I think spoiler[Alluka is still cute though as long as you don't piss him off. At any rate, the ability was explained well so there's no doubt that I think Killua will want to wish for something to help his best friend, Gon. It was great to see Silvia again though of course.]
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
I watched this from very beginning but missed the part where all kinds of mutants and aliens could have become members of Hunter Association.

I understand that some hunters have abilities to change their appearance, but it makes sense for necessity or it is for better looks, but those Zodiac characters are just ridiculous and nothing more.

I thought it was human world (and it was up to this elections/Zodiac thing). Thoughts on this?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 48 of 52