• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gedata

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
Wow that was some intense voice acting there. What an episode. I wonder how much longer the show's going to run.

It's going to end this year unless they pad stuff or add filler arcs
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
agree with the people saying that this was a long time coming. Gon has always been a vengeful person. Here Kite was turned and tortured into something not human. Kite not only someone who saved his life. He's also a connection to his Father. A person that went through the same trials of catching Ging, did and won his respect. Seeing someone spit on that pisses him off. And honestly the show did perfectly to show Gon getting increasingly more angry the closer we got to this point.

Now, like some were saying, he's confronted with target of his revenge but can't do anything about it. So angry that Pitou wasn't going to fight him right then and there that he almost just said "screw it all" until Killua stopped him.

And yeah this the same boy who cried that he was so helpless against Hisoka. Imagine how he feels that he held Kite back from fighting at full strength.

This is just not the kind of episode you usually get in Shounen. This show is amazing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 117:

That was awesome. It's hard to believe the mission only started with spoiler[3 minutes] that passed.

spoiler[Cheetu was a fool this episode though. He really should of listened to Zeno although I doubt the result would of been different. It's great to see Silva again.]

As fpr Shoot, ah...that's a bit of spoiler[sting on his pride]. I feel for him and Knuckles. At any rate, I'm curious to see the upcoming fights soon in particular Pitou vs Gon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Knuckle playing tag with Youpi.]
That is one dangerous game.
spoiler[Shoot] sure was in a pitiful state. Poor guy.
Stressed outspoiler[ Youpi going boom], cool.
Hope Knuckle will put that knowledge to good use next time.
There weren't any specific fights this time, just bits and pieces.
Maybe next time we'll see Gon fight.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 118:

Damn, that was a close one. I almost thought spoiler[Knuckles was a goner there too for a moment. Thanks Killua! The fight was brief but I really liked how tense it was with Knuckles reflecting on the situation relating to himself, Shoot, and his friends. Now that Killua is there, I want to see how much he improved with his abilities and lightning techniques.]

On another note, spoiler[Octobro got himself in a little trouble there but I think he can still handle himself.] I'm really curious if Palm is alive now too. It's been awhile now since we've heard of her...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Killua vs Youpi!
I'm still surprised to see just how strong Killua is.
Sometimes he even overshadows the main character, Gon.
It was highly enjoyable watching him fight.
Our little octopus chimera had his own mission.
He and that shrimp were having a weird showdown.
Good episode.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 119:

Eh, I thought the episode was okay, not the best of this arc or earth shattering though. My favorite part would be spoiler[Killua going Super Saiyan with that lightning ability of his called GODSPEED. That's pretty cool imo. But as for Octobro], I think he did a decent job as well.

Looking forward to see spoiler[Pouf's true abilities] next time.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Morel and Pouf were in a weird battle.
I'm glad Morel decided to support Knuckle.
He could use all the help right about now.
Switch to other chimera ants was pretty underwhelming.
That feels like a cold shower after all the interesting fights.
Really nice episode.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Pouf is just a couple steps away from happy, fun time with Gon. And that was the first time I thought Pitou sounded panicked. And Gon was just spoiler[sitting there with another Royal Guard in the room], like it was nothing. He's got some serious intensity going on there, Gon does.
born2die

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
Gon won't allow some tiddy witty, yes, tiddy witty. Between him and kitty. ;D
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Pouf, Pitou and Gon.
Now that's a dangerous bunch.
Starting confusion went away quickly.
Youpi's growth was impressive and clearly on more levels.
Didn't think he could pull any more surprises.
Guess I was wrong.
Seems like all the hunters that were in more serious battles came out hurt and unable to beat their mark.
Hmm... hope the same won't happen to others.
Really good episode.]
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:49 pm Reply with quote
To be honest I was pretty disappointed with newest episode. It felt like everything that was accomplished in the previous episodes was for nothing. Still, the preview for next week's episode looks awesome.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 121:

Just going to comment on that PV but looks like spoiler[Netero is finally going to show the world why he is one of the strongest characters in this show. Hopefully, he can give the Chimera King a taste of what pain feels like.]

As far this episode, it was alright I guess. Youpi's spoiler[rage] is dangerous.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Is it possible?
Finally some King action!
Can't wait for Gon to make his move as well.
The explanation of their mental state was interesting.
Chibi Pouf's are so cuteee ^^
Everyone has changed a bit, but only Pouf is skeptical of that change.
Damn, since when is the King a pacifist?!
Looks like Komugi has made quite an impact on him.
Netero made his move. Impressive!
Seems like the King should not be underestimated.
Netero offered him a nice incentive.
Things are heating up!]
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Although I have continued to religiously watch Hunter x Hunter every week just as I have in the past (because I just love these plucky heroes!!), the last several episodes have been a bit of a let down. I suppose it is the manga's fault, as it was apparently written like this in the manga.

It has been virtually all build-up. Almost nothing has been accomplished or concluded. Even when things seem like they are concluded, they aren't, and the characters are put right back to square one. There have been so many instances where one of our heroes is at death's door and then is miraculously saved at the very last second, that I am starting to feel like Charlie Brown having the football pulled away by Lucy. Also, even though I do think Youpi is a slightly more interesting character now than he was at the start, the whole series of scenes where our heroes were trying to out-maneuver and defeat him ended up seeming like a massive waste (and as a result, Knuckle's constant over-the-top emotional stuff seems even more overblown and absurd in hindsight.)

I am almost certainly going to continue watching, because like I said this show has developed such awesome characters that you just have to know what happens to them, but the show really needs to start resolving some of its mini/side plots and get to the final showdown(s) pretty soon, because it is definitely losing steam right now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 43 of 52