• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Manga that you wish were anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhian K

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone have a manga series that you think would do well as an anime? If so, which companies or artists would you like to see on the project?
Dark Elf Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I still need to read the next three volumes of Zombie Powder, but so far the first volume was good, and if it were made into an anime, it would probably do very well (since anime versions are often better than the manga). If it were to be done as an anime, I say either Sunrise, Madhouse, or Studio Pierot should animate it, TV Tokyo should air it, and the directo of Bleach and Yu Yu Hakusho, Noriyuki Abe direct it.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:11 am Reply with quote
Melty Blood, based on the fighting game.
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Power!/Girl Got Game and Love Attack (both are by the same author-I love her stuff)

Reason:

Both comics are really funny. I'd love to see it all animated. I would prefer they alter the ending for Power a bit because it wasnt that good..it was ok..but a little too off the wall and crazy. Crazy and silliness is good but it went too far-it made me cringe.

To enjoy both of these comics dont expect it to be serious. Its not. Its light hearted and there are lots of joking around. This isnt NANA or Fruit Basket basically.

I dont think it would be that popular tho because most shoujo anime isnt. Mad Dont tell me it is unless you have proof.

Also I think the anime for Hana Yori Dango should get a remake. I cant watch it as it is. I loved the comic..but I cant bring myself to watch it. I saw like 1 or 2 episodes, maybe more, but I cant do it anymore. Its like my eyes were raped.
Keeg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:14 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail and 666 Satan (aka - O-parts hunter ) Fairy Tail because to me its too much of a good story to just let it be shown to half the fan base and 666 Satan because its got such great action seen and can be very emotional, its just a pity that it can seen as a Naruto rip off
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quote
I'd still love to have more anime based of Yuu Watase's work, I can't believe that there are only two out there, though I am fairly certain that when Genbu Kaiden is finished that it will be animated, because we need to milk the Fushigi Yuugi franchise for all it's worth and at least a Genbu anime would be good (unlike some of those OVAs, *shudder*).

I'd also like an anime of Ai Yazawa's Last Quarter. I know there is a movie, but movies based off manga are almost always really rushed.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:32 am Reply with quote
Well, I'd love to see a Blame! anime. I know it's supposedly getting a CGI movie at some point but it seems like it would fit quite nicely into a 13 episode TV series as well.
Umai_Mouri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I'd still love to have more anime based of Yuu Watase's work, I can't believe that there are only two out there...

I can't believe it either and I think it's the same for Kaori Yuki. An Angel Sanctuary OVA is not enough. Anime cry Anyway, I'm still praying for an Alice 19th anime and since I'm enjoying Watase's latest work Sakura Gari so much I'd love to see an animated version for it.

I would also like to see Akuma to Love Song and Love Mode get animated.
Not a Jellyfish

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Having recently re-read Alice 19th, I'd have to agree with that one. I think it has the potential to add a lof of depth to the series.

Other than that, nothing. I rarely watch anime and I prefer to read the original manga anyway. Unless it's a music series. Thus my love for Beck and Nana in both forms.
Dreaming Sky

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see Mirai Nikki made into an anime. There's a lot of great material to work with.
sailorspazz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Iron Wok Jan....hey, if they could make the wackiness of Yakitate! Japan work as an anime, why not this one, too? I want to hear Jan's evil badass laughter out loud Anime smile (though hopefully in the animated version they would tone down the breast size a little....it was getting ridiculous in the later volumes....but if they decided to run with it and go for the fan-service angle, those things would be bouncing all over the place o_O)

Also, Banana Fish....I think it would translate well to animation.
Da Games Elite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:43 am Reply with quote
Well, naturally some of Yuu Watase's work deserves to be adapted. Alice 19th and Genbu were both mentioned above, and they are probably the ones that should have an adaption. Anime smile

Another one I'd like to see is Neko Majin. Just for kicks! I mean, as an OVA, wouldn't you want to see a Neko-Hameha? Anime smile

Also, a full blown Angel Sanctuary would be good. There's too much potential there to pass up!

Another one, just for kicks, Evangelion: Angelic Days! I mean, sure, it's not a quality story compared to the original classic, but, let's face it, it's a good, fun story. I'd like to see that in animated form (I know there was a video game adaption, but...) Think Ai Yori Aoshi meets Eva! (Yes, may the flaming begin. Razz )
Rika-chama

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quote
Simply because I want more yuri I think both Strawberry Shake Sweet and The Caged Miko and the Whimsical Witch would make good anime. So would Iono-sama Fanatics and Girlfriends

Also I must agree that Alice 19th would make a great anime Very Happy
_Emi_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:17 pm Reply with quote
More anime based on Yu Watase's manga would indeed be nice.

Not that I don't mind my high-school centered anime, but some college or post college centered anime would be nice. Say, an anime based on Suppli.

Rumiko Takahashi got her Rumic Theater shorts, so Mitsuru Adachi should get his Short Program shorts.

But what I would really like to see an anime of is Swan, as it would be a manga that would truly benefit from having motion and music.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
I think the Battle Royal manga would make a cool anime. Perfect story for a good violent and action packed series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2