• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan: Junior High (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote

Attack on Titan: Junior High (TV)

Genres: Comedy, Parody, Shounen
Themes: School Life

Plot Summary: The school comedy story is set in a junior high school and centers on the original manga's characters such as Eren and Mikasa as they battle with Titans. The spin-off incorporates gags while using Shingeki no Kyojin's story and notable scenes as its basis.
----------------------------------

LOL, they are actually making the parody of this into a TV anime adaptation. And from what I heard, it will be a full series (24+ minutes in length)

Here's the preview of it:
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm3WBqihF-A&feature=youtu.be

I am prepared for the hilarious gags Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
LOL, they even used some parts of the original OP song from season 1 except that it's made a parody out of it. The first episode is a parody of Attack on Titan with the school gimmicks, outfits, and Titans.

I find it funny that they changed Sasha's potato to rice ball, the blades they use as rulers, and other stuff related to school. I think this adapted at least 5 episodes of content from the original series, or rather parodied.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:35 am Reply with quote
Damn.......I thought I'd enjoy this but honestly having seen the original anime you can see most of these jokes coming a mile away. I really hope they try to bring some original humor to the table instead of just recreating the series in a comedic fashion. The show has plenty to work with. And I like the idea of titansspoiler[ having their own school.] Don't let me down writers =/
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:36 pm Reply with quote
So, is this show as bad as the manga? I couldn't even finish volume 1, it was so dumb.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes "nothing" is better than something, seeing how many clichés you can put from the original source material and every other School Anime set you can think of doesn't automatically create "comedy gold".

The premise is actually pretty sound, adapt a comic narrative of a slightly more darker source material in a school setting (Prisma Illya is pretty much a walking version of the concept) the execution is way off its mark at least for my tastes.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I think it'll be very hit or miss for some people.

I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I've read up to the third volume of the manga and found that the comedy was starting to wear a bit thin by that time. The big question is wether it can still keep me engaged later on in the series.

Did anyone else notice the tv in Eren's house playing the proper version? I wasn't sure if it was a sneak preview of Season 2 since it only lasted about 3 seconds. Would be a nice Easter egg if it was.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Me too. Although I think my favorite part was them playing in the Titans' school supplies in the ED.

Anybody got any lyrics for the OP yet? (second favorite part was all the chibis dropping out of the sky like rain in the OP)
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
I wanted this to be like Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. Too bad it's like Teen Titans Go.

That's about the best way for me to describe my thoughts on the show.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Ha, even in a spinoff parody like this, Levi is still very relevant.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
The scene in Armin's room reminded me of The Cremation of Sam McGee. Very Happy

The school supplies band props in the ED are just amazing when you pause to look at them. I especially love the high-hat cymbals on the paper clamps, but all of it's worthy of something Seki-kun would make for his robot family.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:16 am Reply with quote
Well it was clear that of course Levi would be portrayed mostly by being a clean freak. Actually, it really easy to see what traits that would get focused on, like the tongue biting thing.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Oh Mikasa...

However, this week's episode was more about Annie. I knew she would be OP in that dodgeball game. I find it amusing that they used some of the same OST from the original series. Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:55 am Reply with quote
Eren obsessed Mikasa is always the best Mikasa.

Also, thought it a bit funny that the Eren sleeping in thing being comparable to something like that bit with plugging in the hole.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also, thought it a bit funny that the Eren sleeping in thing being comparable to something like that bit with plugging in the hole.

Specifically it's referencing the period of time where they thought he was dead.

Mikasa/Eren/Annie love triangle, huh... I'd rather put Annie with Armin but I guess he'll have to go with Sasha like the live action movie.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
At this point, the parody are following some random order considering that they made fun of the training episode from the original season. (a bit out of order) Funny thing is, Mikasa almost replied in the same way with some allusions but for this series' theme, it had relates to ...cleaning. LOL.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3