• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sequel to Nodame Cantabile: Paris Green-Lit for Fall 2009

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
bleuster wrote:
Wow. This series must be really popular. Is the story any good?

No, the story is boring and stupid... yeesh, what a question! Rolling Eyes
Obviously those of us who like it think it's good!

Look it up on ANN or wiki, see if it sounds interesting to you.

Hey, you never know, man. Vanilla Ice, Milli Vanilli and Disco Duck sold millions and became bigger than life. We all know where those ships sailed. Can't be to sure what goes on in main street.

You're right, though. I have to get off my butt and sit down for a minute to watch/read it myself. I use to play in a orchestra so this should be right up my alley.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pirkaf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:13 am Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
I watched Nodame the live action version. I have never seen the animes. Now that the anime story with this third season will go a bit further then the live action story line I may finally check this show out. I really love the live action version so I worry the anime can't live up to it's hype with me. Anyone here seen both?

Yes. For me, live action > manga > anime
poonk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
I really love the live action version so I worry the anime can't live up to it's hype with me. Anyone here seen both?
Hmmm... I too have only seen the live action (I watch more drama than anime these days) but I might check out the anime version (of the Paris arc) because, after watching the 2 specials, I wanted to see where the Russian girl and the clarinet (EDIT: Make that oboe) player were headed. While the drama was very funny, the romantic focus (Nodame/Chiaki) totally failed me-- actually, I found Nodame's character annoying-- so I ended up focusing more on the other characters. But perhaps I should give the anime a chance; animated-Nodame might be more endearing than live-Nodame (maybe some things don't translate well to live action).

Last edited by poonk on Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jetz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
sabriyahm wrote:
I really love the live action version so I worry the anime can't live up to it's hype with me. Anyone here seen both?
Hmmm... I too have only seen the live action (I watch more drama than anime these days) but I might check out the anime version (of the Paris arc) because, after watching the 2 specials, I wanted to see where the Russian girl and the clarinet player were headed. While the drama was very funny, the romantic focus (Nodame/Chiaki) totally failed me-- actually, I found Nodame's character annoying-- so I ended up focusing more on the other characters. But perhaps I should give the anime a chance; animated-Nodame might be more endearing than live-Nodame (maybe some things don't translate well to live action).

I kinda agree with you with what you said about Chiaki and Nodame's relationship. I haven't really considered them as a romantic couple yet, but then again I think they're just starting to get to that during the Paris arc. And about Nodame being annoying - I guess she can seem that way to some people. I find her very cute and funny though Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GB3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
YESSSSSSS!!!! Yeahhhh!! I am so happy, non, not just happy, i'm euphoric right now! This is the best news i've read all day, i'm really glad that there's gonna be a 3rd season! I'm also happy that it will be airing in my fave season, too: Fall! I really wanna see more things happening between Tanya and Kuroki-kun (besides Nodame and Chiaki), and yes, i'd like to see more full performances with Chiaki conducting (i'm looking out for Chiaki's aura too - black feathers!). Oh yeah, i need to see more of Franck too. The later episodes are more focused on Tanya. And also more on Rolan/Laurent (i saw 2 different translations of his name), Lucas and Yuko and Jean. This news just made my day, i hope that everything will go as planned, that it will definitely air when it's supposed to air.
GB3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:10 am Reply with quote
jetz wrote:
poonk wrote:
sabriyahm wrote:
Hmmm... I too have only seen the live action (I watch more drama than anime these days) but I might check out the anime version (of the Paris arc) because, after watching the 2 specials, I wanted to see where the Russian girl and the clarinet player were headed. While the drama was very funny, the romantic focus (Nodame/Chiaki) totally failed me-- actually, I found Nodame's character annoying-- so I ended up focusing more on the other characters. But perhaps I should give the anime a chance; animated-Nodame might be more endearing than live-Nodame (maybe some things don't translate well to live action).

I kinda agree with you with what you said about Chiaki and Nodame's relationship. I haven't really considered them as a romantic couple yet, but then again I think they're just starting to get to that during the Paris arc. And about Nodame being annoying - I guess she can seem that way to some people. I find her very cute and funny though Very Happy

Yeah, Nodame cracks me up! I find her "language" (Gyabo, mukya, even gyabon) cute and yeah, i like that face she makes when she plays the piano. Like that conservatoire student Lucas said, her mouth does look like a carp's mouth when she makes that face.
PhoenixHeart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:

My first ANN post *_* ::blushes:: P..pleased to meet you all ::bows:: (totally humbled)

Yes, I've seen both and I must say both adaptions have their own strengths and faults, in my (often too humble) oppinion. The anime is usually closer to the manga's original story, as one could expect. I'd say the live action puts more emphasis on the humor and exaggerates some of the characters quirks compared to the anime - however, I still wouldn't say the anime is less intense.

The series mature and dramatic moments shine more in the anime - those were the scenes that didn't feel believable inside the live-action to me. So while the live-action may be more fun (and zany) at some spots, I feel the anime captures the spirit and heart of the story more while still being funny as hell in all the places the author really wanted it ^^

About the Chiaki / Nodame relationship: Have patience people and look more between the lines - Even if it's not the hottest or most affectionate couple on the scene, I think it's one of the deepest relationships I've seen in anime. They're an irreplacable muse for eachother, that much shows through time. Won't spoil stuff though ^_~

Whoa, to actually say something to the News of an upcomming Nodame season:
WOOOOHYEEEAAAAAAAAAHH!! ^___________^

(yes, I still use anime smiles. I'm that oldschool & dorky)
sweeturk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:03 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait now xD might just have to watch the live action to get me by lol Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2