• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Question about Miyabi Aizawa from GTO *spoiler warning*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:27 pm Reply with quote
I get to write up a diagnostic of any character, or person for my abnormal psychology class. Which is cool, and hence I chose Miyabi Aizawa from GTO as the character of choice. Some insight of her character will be very appreciated.

I have to analyze her psychosocial problems and discuss its relevance to class.

But there are some things that I am not too sure about her, that I would like to clear up.

I read through summaries. Yeah I read through summaries, but I do not believe they were adequately translated. spoiler[ I read that Miyabi lied about the event with her teacher to her classmates. She said that the teacher invited his friends to 'meet' her and let them have their way with her. But from the summaries, also, later we learn that was a lie, and that she went to meet the teacher only to find out that her teacher has a fiancee.]

My question is why would she do such a thing? A call for attention? Obviously she cared deeply for the teacher, bordering on that forbidden teacher student relationship. spoiler[According to the Tokyopop's translations, Miyabi's family is in constant strife with both parents commiting adultry. All the while acting as if they were a perfect family.] Did this motivate Miyabi to lie to her classmates? Since she sees it daily at home, I would think that she recreates the lying that she sees at home in school. I think she has generalized anxiety and depression, and maybe some more, but what is confusing is spoiler[why she would recreate the meeting of the teacher leading to being, practically, gang raped].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1