• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New "Mai the Pyschic Girl"?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
che_guevara

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Lately Viz has been released some of its older manga series in new formats. I was just wondering if anyone has any information about new releases of "Mai the Psychic Girl". I really like the series, but I can't find any store that sells the old editions.

Last edited by che_guevara on Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Nope, I doubt they will ever do it. Besides, I would rather them republish one of Ryoichi Ikegami's other works, like Sanctuary or Strain, which are supirior in my opinion. But Mai is VERY old. I think it was one of the first three Viz comicbooks from the late 1980's, along with Legend of Kamui and Area 88.
Shinotaku14
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
But Mai is VERY old. I think it was one of the first three Viz comicbooks from the late 1980's, along with Legend of Kamui and Area 88.

True. Its so old in fact that i picked up Issue one and two of Mai in an antique shop in MI... not that 15 years constitutes being an antique.... Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
takami826

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:53 am Reply with quote
you can get the gns from viz's website for about $10 each, maybe $11?

yea, I'd MUCH rather see sanctuary reprinted, my collection is beat to crap and needs to be replaced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1