• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon U.S. DVD release: new distributor?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm Reply with quote
For the past week, there has been annoying whispers going around the Internet, saying that we're getting a Digimon US DVD Release. Recently, Madmen released Digimon in the UK and lately, a lot of fans have wanted official copies of Digimon. But could this be true, or an EXTREMELY good Internet prank?

I've been waiting for ANN to confirm this to be true or not, but I'm hearing nothing. Is there a reason why?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I can think of one big reason why: there is no official confirmation yet. It's Anime News Network, not Anime Rumour Network.

That said, I would love a Digimon DVD release. And since Power Rangers got one announced recently and Sailor Moon is big again, this is probably the most likely time for it to happen.
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:04 pm Reply with quote
marie-antoinette wrote:
I can think of one big reason why: there is no official confirmation yet. It's Anime News Network, not Anime Rumour Network.

That said, I would love a Digimon DVD release. And since Power Rangers got one announced recently and Sailor Moon is big again, this is probably the most likely time for it to happen.

I realize it's a rumour, but it's a rumour I really want to be true. I've always wanted it on DVD and I'd like to know it it's official or not so I can pre-order it.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Uncut sub or bust. Hackjob dub-only releases are worthless.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote
(Madman have released it in Australia, not UK).

New Video Group is a distribution company; it is currently unknown who the licensee is. They are releasing it, but are unable to provide any further details at this point in time.

For more information see:
http://withthewill.net/index.php?topic=17165.0
http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?13051-Digimon-Adventure-%28Season-1%29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Should I hold off on ordering this DVD or is it safe enough to assume it's not a bootleg?
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:15 pm Reply with quote
After reading the linked threads it sounds as though there have been bootlegs on Amazon before. Until we get news of an actual licenser, I'd keep a hold on your money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1