• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell in Theatres Friday

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:15 pm Reply with quote
cactus:
Quote:
Even then, "Extended" clearly indicates that it is not the original theatrical screening. If it was, wouldn't you be obligated to be just as angry that you weren't seeing the original?

Yep. Your point?

Quote:
And what was wrong with Princess Mononoke?

Their horrible marketing of it.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:30 am Reply with quote
Princess Mononoke was treated fine compared to what they were going to do to it. They wanted to "trim" the movie regaurdless of Miyazaki's strong demand for both Japanese and world wide distributed versions to have the exact same running time. They also wanted an Americanized dub. It was a dub that never got completed. If you watch that crappy featurette that comes with the DVD you'll notice all of the clips have alternate takes. But I will agree that it was markedted very poorly considering the film. 100 theaters is pathetic.

As for Hero, there was nothing cut from the film. Like it was mentioned before, they made a deal with Tarrentino that they would not cut the film if they could use Tarrentino's name to promote it.

By the way, I just saw Innocence: Ghost in the Shell 2 and it was unbelievable. It really lives up to the original. The Incredibles is going to have some competition for the Oscar for Best Animated Feature. It should also get nominated for Best Original Score. Go check it out if you can.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:46 am Reply with quote
Romuska: Nothing new was cut from Hero. There's still 20 minutes that need to be re-edited back into the cut.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3