Interest Nakayoshi Magazine Bundles 'Super Strongest Manga Creator' Set
posted on 2013-02-16 17:45 EST by Lynzee Loveridge
The March issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine bundled a "Super Saikyō Manga-ka Set" (Super Strongest Manga Creator Set) when it shipped on February 1. The kit has since garnered attention from a number of professional manga artists.
The kit includes:
- A 48-page "How To Draw the Perfect Manga Book"
- Four sheets of manga manuscript paper
- Two sheets of traceable manga manuscripts that were drawn by professional artists
- Four practice sheets for drawing faces and figures
- A "glittering" correction pen
- Four screentone sheets designed by manga creators
- A notebook with 20 profile sheets for drawing portraits
Kodansha is currently streaming a video demonstrating the kit's features.
Manga artist Lily Hoshino (Otome Yōkai Zakuro, Love Quest) praised the set on her Twitter account, and said, "I think I'll also take some time to play pretend manga creator with this." Yuki Suetsugu (Chihayafuru) also posted about the kit, writing: "I'm very interested in it … I would like to improve my drawing skills…" Tomoko Yamashita (Black-Winged Love, Don't Cry, Girl♥) and Keiko Nishi (Love Song) also expressed interest in the magazine freebie.