Interest Nakayoshi Magazine Bundles 'Super Strongest Manga Creator' Set
posted on 2013-02-16 17:45 EST by Lynzee Lamb
The March issue of Kodansha's Nakayoshi magazine bundled a "Super Saikyō Manga-ka Set" (Super Strongest Manga Creator Set) when it shipped on February 1. The kit has since garnered attention from a number of professional manga artists.
The kit includes:
- A 48-page "How To Draw the Perfect Manga Book"
- Four sheets of manga manuscript paper
- Two sheets of traceable manga manuscripts that were drawn by professional artists
- Four practice sheets for drawing faces and figures
- A "glittering" correction pen
- Four screentone sheets designed by manga creators
- A notebook with 20 profile sheets for drawing portraits
Kodansha is currently streaming a video demonstrating the kit's features.
Say Hello to Black Jack creator Shuho Sato demonstrated his own skills using the kit and posted several "shōjo" manga pages on his blog (see below gallery).
Manga artist Lily Hoshino (Otome Yōkai Zakuro, Love Quest) praised the set on her Twitter account, and said, "I think I'll also take some time to play pretend manga creator with this." Yuki Suetsugu (Chihayafuru) also posted about the kit, writing: "I'm very interested in it … I would like to improve my drawing skills…" Tomoko Yamashita (Black-winged Love, Don't Cry, Girl♥) and Keiko Nishi (Love Song) also expressed interest in the magazine freebie.
The issue retails for 580 yen (about US$6.20) but is quickly selling out. Resales on Amazon are reaching prices of 1,970 yen (US$21).