Interest Gundam's Char Collaboration Toyota Auris Previewed in Promo
posted on 2013-08-26 08:12 EDT by Sarah Nelkin
Car manufacturer Toyota began streaming a promotional video on Monday for the company's Toyota Auris collaboration car with Char Aznable, the iconic antagonist of the Mobile Suit Gundam anime franchise. The promo is animated by Sunrise, and features voice actor Shuuichi Ikeda as Char.
Toyota announced the collaboration at Japan's Chara-Hobby 2012 event last year. On the exterior, the special package from Toyota Modellista International has:
- A blade antenna inspired by the head antenna on Char's Zaku II mobile suit
- Aero kit (front spoiler with embedded LED lights, side skirts, rear spats)
- Rear diffuser and built-in muffler
- Hood ducts
- Front and rear light-up Zeon emblems
- Short suspension springs
- Mirror detailing
- 18-inch aluminum wheels with Zeon logos
- Blackout paint (inside the headlights, front wheels, front bumper, and fog light bezels)
- Brake caliper paint
- Original body artwork wrapping (matte color, carbon-style roof, caution labels — many written in German "Achtung")
Inside, the car has custom leather on the steering wheel, shift knob, shifting mechanism cover, and brake lever. The dashboard and steering wheel have interior artwork wrapping to complement the one on the exterior, while the instrument panel and door trim have a custom black scheme. Both the steering wheel and the push-button start switch have Zeon emblems. The aluminum accelerator, brake, and clutch pedals and original floor mats complete the package.
Source: Mainichi Shimbun's Mantan Web
Update: Typo fixed. Thanks, Nayu.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history