News DC to Release Digital Comic with Manga 'Influence'
posted on 2012-04-13 23:55 EDT
American publisher DC Comics announced on Friday that it will launch a weekly digital comic called Ame-Comi Girls. The series is "based on the best-selling product line from DC Collectibles that brings the distinct Japanese influence of anime and manga to DC Comics' female heroines and their foes." The title characters will face off against a female Braniac and other "bad girl" super villains.
Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray are writing five character arcs that will lead into one storyline with all the characters:
- Wonder Woman art by Amanda Conner and Tony Akins
- Batgirl art by Sanford Greene
- Duela Dent art by Ted Naifeh
- Power Girl art by Mike Bowder
- Supergirl art by Santi Casas
Ame-Comi Girls is part of a new DC Comic digital lineup with five titles every week.
Source: USA Today
- Date A Live
- Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?