News Hana no Zubora-Meshi Show to Have Anime Segments
posted on 2012-10-16 09:25 EDT
The live-action television drama adaptation of Masayuki Kusumi and Etsuko Mizusawa's Hana no Zubora-Meshi (Hana's Sloppy Meals) cooking manga will start each episode with an anime segment. The comedy trio Tokyo03 is voicing these anime segments, which represent books that the title character Hana is reading. The staff chose to depict these segments in anime to impart a vision-like or dream-like ambience.
- Shigeaki Katō (NEWS) as Zubora Kenkyūsho no Shochō Osonoi
- Akiko Kikuchi as Mizuki, Hana's close friend
- Maho Nonami as Ono, Hana's neighbor
- Kenta Hamano as Kōenji, Hana's neighbor
- Takashi Yamanaka as Gasuketsu, Hana's college friend
- Masayuki Kusumi as manager of bookstore where Hana works partime
- Kazuya Kojima (UN-JASH) as Hayai
- Tokyo03 as Anime Voices
- Muga Tsukaji (Drunk Dragon) as Ucchii, Hana's college friend
- Kōtarō Shiga as Hana's Father (narrator)
Osonoi and Hayai are original characters who were not in the original manga.
The manga shorts follow the everyday life of a "cute" yet sometimes lonely wife named Hana, and the meals she cooks for herself while her husband is away on a distant assignment.
The MBS/TBS late-night series has 10 half-hour episodes that Noriko Yuasa and Yasuyuki Fukasako is directing. Ōkura (Salaryman Neo) and Ayako Kitakawa (Kaitō Royale) are scripting the series, which will premiere on TBS on October 23.
Kusumi and Mizusawa started the manga in Akita Shoten's Elegance Eve magazine in 2009, and Akita Shoten published two volumes which have sold 500,000 copies so far. The manga was nominated for last year's Manga Taisho Awards and this year's Booklog Award. It ranked as the #1 manga for female readers in the survey from the Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2012 guidebook.
Source: Comic Natalie