News 2 Set Photos for Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin Sequel Films Posted
posted on 2013-09-05 16:30 EDT
The official website for actor Takeru Satoh posted a blog entry on Thursday revealing more set photos from the upcoming live-action Rurouni Kenshin sequel films on Thursday. The first photo features Kenshin with a new sword.
The blog post notes that even though Takeru has been shooting on location in the rain, he works without breaking his concentration. The post also notes that no matter how long Takeru has to wait for the weather to let up, he is always focused when it comes time to shoot.
The two new films, which will cover the Kyoto arc from Nobuhiro Watsuki's original historical action manga, will be titled Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire) and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend). The films are slated to open next summer.
The film's cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kenshin Himura
- Emi Takei as Kaoru Kamiya
- Yusuke Iseya as Aoshi Shinomori
- Munetaka Aoki as Sanosuke Sagara
- Yuu Aoi as Megumi Takani
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Sōjirō Seta
- Yosuke Eguchi as Hajime Saitō
- Tatsuya Fujiwara as Makoto Shishio
- min Tanaka as Nenji Kashiwazaki/Okina
- Kazufumi Miyazawa as Toshimichi Ōkubo
- Yukiyoshi Ozawa as Hirobumi Itō
- Kaito Ōyagi as Yahiko Myōjin
- Maryjun Takahashi as Yumi Komagata
- Ryosuke Miura as Chō Sawagejō
In addition to the two new films, Keishi Ōtomo directed the first live-action Rurouni Kenshin film, which opened in Japan last August.
Watsuki's manga ran from 1994 to 1999 in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and the creator also drew the Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration retelling in Jump Square that launched in May 2012 and ended in June.
[Via Orends Range]