News Actor Takeru Satoh Pictured Reading Rurouni Kenshin Manga on Film Set
posted on 2013-09-23 14:30 EDT
The official website for actor Takeru Satoh posted a blog entry on Saturday revealing more set photos from the upcoming live-action Rurouni Kenshin sequel films. The pictures show the actor reading Nobuhiro Watsuki's original manga in between takes.
The blog post notes that Satoh is re-reading the manga so he won't forget his character Kenshin Himura's original intentions.
The two new films, which will cover the Kyoto arc from Watsuki's original historical action manga, will be titled Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Taika-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The Great Kyoto Fire) and Rurouni Kenshin: Densetsu no Saigo-hen (Rurouni Kenshin: The End of a Legend). The films are slated to open next summer.
The film's cast includes:
- Takeru Satoh as Kenshin Himura
- Emi Takei as Kaoru Kamiya
- Yusuke Iseya as Aoshi Shinomori
- Munetaka Aoki as Sanosuke Sagara
- Yuu Aoi as Megumi Takani
- Ryunosuke Kamiki as Sōjirō Seta
- Yosuke Eguchi as Hajime Saitō
- Tatsuya Fujiwara as Makoto Shishio
- min Tanaka as Nenji Kashiwazaki/Okina
- Kazufumi Miyazawa as Toshimichi Ōkubo
- Yukiyoshi Ozawa as Hirobumi Itō
- Kaito Ōyagi as Yahiko Myōjin
- Maryjun Takahashi as Yumi Komagata
- Ryosuke Miura as Chō Sawagejō
Watsuki's manga ran from 1994 to 1999 in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine, and the creator also drew the Rurouni Kenshin: Restoration retelling in Jump Square that launched in May 2012 and ended in June.