News Shueisha Reveals Finalists in 3-Language Shonen Jump Manga Contest
posted on 2013-12-23 15:00 EST
Those interested can read the six finalists' works in Japanese, English, or Chinese, and vote for the best entry. The editors in chief of the Shonen Jump magazines in Japan, North America, China, and Taiwan screened and selected the six finalists from more than 1,400 entries. The voting period is between December 21 and January 5.
The six finalists include:
- The Team Before Daybreak by Yu Yan Shu (China, originally submitted in Simplified Chinese)
- Morning Star by Aitor Holgado (Spain, originally submitted in English)
- Sweat Man by Fei Xi Xuan (Taiwan, originally submitted in Japanese)
- El Viento Del Norte by Niu Zai (Taiwan, originally submitted in Traditional Chinese)
- Boom by Docurro (China, originally submitted in Simplified Chinese)
- Golden Rabbit by Nick Kanoza (USA, originally submitted in English)
Shonen Jump accepted manga entries in English, Japanese, and Chinese via the official website. Four prizes will be awarded: a grand prize, followed by a top prize voted on by English, Japanese, and Chinese readers .
All prize winners will receive 500,000 yen (about US$4,900) each and guaranteed publication in Shonen Jump, one of its special edition issues, and/or North America's Weekly Shonen Jump, China's OK! Comic, and Taiwan's Formosa Youth manga magazines.
Shueisha will reveal a list of semi-finalists that passed the second stage of selection but fell short of making it to the final in January. Additionally, the company will post comments from each country's editor in chief on or after January 20.