News 13th Animator Expo Short 'Kanón' Streamed
posted on 2015-03-15 14:30 EDT
Mahiro Maeda (Gankutsuou, Blue Submarine No. 6, Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo) directed the short, Hibiki Yoshizaki served as technical director and Tatsuya Kushida (Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo) served as art director. The short's story is based on the novel Adam Stvořitel by Karel Čapek. Mahiro Maeda and Shuichi Iseki designed the characters.
This season's shorts include:
- "I can Friday by day!" by Kazuya Tsurumaki and Hajime Ueda (Daiou Ueda)
- "Ibusekiyoruni" by Tadashi Hiramatsu and Ren Sakaki
- "Ochibisan" by Moyoco Anno and Masashi Kawamura
- "Obake-chan" by Shigeto Koyama
- "Kanón" by Mahiro Maeda
- "Guzou Sen'iki" by Ikuto Yamashita and Kazuhiro Furuhashi
- "Sanbon no Shōgensha" by Satoru Utsunomiya
- "SEX and VIOLENCE with MACHSPEED" by Hiroyuki Imaishi (TRIGGER)
- "2 of killers of 2" by Kazuto Nakazawa
- "Tsukikage no Tokio" by Goichi "Suda51" Suda (Grasshopper Manufacture) and Takanobu Mizuno (Kamikaze Douga)
- "Bikachō Shinshi Kaikoroku" by Moyoco Anno and AЯTRA entertainment
- "Hammerhead" by Ōtarō Maijō and Mahiro Maeda
Moyoco Anno crowdfunded Ochibisan, a stop-motion feature based on her The Diary of Ochibi-san (Ochibi-san) manga.
The first season of shorts included:
- Ōtarō Maijō and Kazuya Tsurumaki's "The Dragon Dentist"
- Azuma Tani's "Hill Climb Girl"
- A music video titled "ME!ME!ME!" featuring the musician Teddyloid (Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt) and rapper daoko
- Akira Honma's "Carnage"
- Yoshikazu Yasuhiko & Ichiro Itano's "Collection of Key Animation Films" from Mobile Suit Gundam
- Takeshi Honda and Mahiro Maeda's "20min Walk From Nishi-Ogikubo Station, 2 Bedrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, 2mos Deposit, No Pets Allowed"
- Tadashi Hiramatsu and Khara's "until you come to me"
- Akemi Hayashi's "Tomorrow from there"
- Akira Amemiya's "Gridman: Boys Invent Great Hero"
- Takashi Horiuchi and Masahiro Emoto's "Yamadeloid"
- Yasuhiro Yoshiura, Studio Rikka, and Trigger's "Power Plant No.33"
- Shinji Aramaki's "Evangelion:Another Impact"
Anno himself is serving as executive producer of the entire project initiative with Dwango President Nobuo Kawakami, and he also designed the image character mascot "(Tor)-kun." Ghibli co-founder Hayao Miyazaki created the title logo, and fellow Ghibli co-founder Toshio Suzuki colored it. The shorts mostly feature the voice talent of Ranma ½ and Cowboy Bebop co-stars Kouichi Yamadera and Megumi Hayashibara .
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history