News Kuroko's Basketball Stage Play's Visual Features 10 Cast Members in Costume
posted on 2016-02-07 22:01 EST
The official website for Kuroko's Basketball The Encounter, the stage play adaptation of Tadatoshi Fujimaki's Kuroko's Basketball sports manga, revealed a main visual on Monday that shows the show's main cast in costume.
The visual shows for the first time the characters of Junpei Hyūga (played by Tetsuya Makita), Shun Izuki (Ryutarō Akimoto), Yukio Kasamatsu (Ryunosuke Matsumura), Kazunari Takao (James Takeshi Yamada), and Shōichi Imayoshi (Akihiro Hayashi).
The show's full cast includes:
Seirin High School Team
- Kensho Ono as Tetsuya Kuroko
- Yūya Asato as Taiga Kagami
- Tetsuya Makita as Junpei Hyūga
- Ryutarō Akimoto as Shun Izuki
- Kaisei Abe as Shinji Koganei
- Ukyō Matumoto as Rinnosuke Mitobe
- Daiki Kajimoto as Satoshi Tsuchida
- Asami Tano as Riko Aida
Kaijō High School Team
- Mario Kuroba as Ryōta Kise
- Ryunosuke Matsumura as Yukio Kasamatsu
- Shinichi Wago as Yoshitaka Moriyama
- Kōshü Hirano as Mitsuhiro Hayakawa
Shūtoku High School Team
- Ryō Hatakeyama as Shintarō Midorima
- James Takeshi Yamada as Kasunari Takao
- Spi as Taisuke Ōtsubo
- Daisuke Takenouchi as Kiyoshi Miyaji
Tōō Academy High School Team
- Shōta Onuma as Daiki Aomine
- Akihiro Hayashi as Shōichi Imayoshi
- Kazunari Matsufuji as Kōsuke Wakamatsu
- Eiji Akaso as Ryō Sakurai
- Arisa Sugi as Satsuki Momoi
The stage play will run for 21 performances from April 8 to April 24 at the Sunshine Gekijō theater in Tokyo. Norihito Nakayashiki (Haikyu!! stage play) is writing and directing the play.
Tadatoshi Fujimaki launched the Kuroko's Basketball manga in Weekly Shonen Jump in 2008, and Shueisha published the 30th and final volume (pictured at left) in Japan in December 2014. Viz Media will start releasing the manga in English this summer, and it describes the series as follows:
Kuroko Tetsuya doesn't stand out much. In fact, he's so plain that people hardly ever notice when he's around. Though he's just as unremarkable on the basketball court, that's where his plainness gives him an unexpected edge – one that lets him execute awesome moves without others noticing! And now that he's a high school student, he's on a mission to defeat each member of his legendary middle school team, known as the Miracle Generation.
The first anime season based on the manga aired from April-September 2012. The second season aired from October 2013 to March 2014. The third season aired from January-June 2015. Crunchyroll streamed all three seasons outside of Japan as they aired. Daisuki also streamed the third season. The manga is also inspiring an upcoming anime film.
Source: Comic Natalie