News Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic Anime Film's 1st TV Ad Streamed
posted on 2017-01-11 09:15 EST
The official website for Kuroshitsuji: Book of the Atlantic (Black Butler: Book of the Atlantic), the upcoming Black Butler anime film, began streaming its first television commercial on Wednesday. The film's official Twitter account also began streaming the commercial, which previews the theme song "Glass no Hitomi" (Glass Eye) by the band SID. (Note: The YouTube video on the official website is region-locked to Japan.)
- Daisuke Ono as Sebastian Michaelis
- Maaya Sakamoto as Ciel Phantomhive
- Yukari Tamura as Elizabeth Midford
- Junichi Suwabe as Undertaker
- Jun Fukuyama as Grelle Sutcliff
- Kenn as Ronald Knox
- Noriaki Sugiyama as William T. Spears
- Takuma Terashima as Snake
- Hiroki Touchi as Baldroy
- Yuuki Kaji as Finnian
- Emiri Katō as Mey-Rin
- Ryohei Kimura as Charles Grey
- Tomoaki Maeno as Charles Phipps
- Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Viscount of Druitt
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Edward Midford
- Kaito Ishikawa as Ryan Stoker
- Atsuko Tanaka as Francis Midford
- Jouji Nakata as Alexis Midford
The film will open in Japan on January 21.
The film adapts the "Gōka Kyakusen" (luxury liner) arc, which appeared in the 11th through 14th volumes of Yana Toboso's original Black Butler manga. The story is set on the luxury liner Campania and centers around secrets to resurrecting the dead.
Noriyuki Abe is directing the anime at A-1 Pictures, and Hiroyuki Yoshino is writing the script. Minako Shiba is designing the characters and serving as chief animation director. Yasunori Mitsuda is composing the music. All are returning from the earlier Book of Circus and Book of Murder anime, and A-1 Pictures and Shiba have been involved in the franchise since the first Black Butler anime.
Thanks to Dennis R. for the embedded video.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history